Elijah Hughes: Bucks | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes: Bucks

I do wonder how Malis entire career would have been different if he didn’t get hot in that E8 game. As Cuse fans we take that result 10/10. But if he didn’t go off in that game, and he came back and played the 2, who knows if he would have taken a bigger leap. Of course Brissett looks like a totally different player even tho a lot of us thought he left yoo early, but Mali looks so lost right now I wonder what happened. Lydon at least somewhat has an excuse since he hadn’t played in 2 years before TBT

If you told me in 2016 that in 5 years no one from that FF team would even have a place in the league I’d be shocked. I would have been pretty confident in 1 of Mali/Lydon/G at least being on an NBA roster.

Eli didn't play in last night's summer league game due to concussion protocol.

im going to guess he got the concussion before the 3rd game of the prior summer league. He played the first two games and scored 7 and 12. But didn’t play at all in the 3rd or 4th games.

im going to guess he got the concussion before the 3rd game of the prior summer league. He played the first two games and scored 7 and 12. But didn’t play at all in the 3rd or 4th games.
Eli is starting tonight in a game currently on NBA TV. So far he looks good and 1-1 from deep.

Hughes has had a bit of a rough Summer league so far. Shot not falling much at all.

Real nice game for Eli today as the Jazz go to 3-0. The four Jazz players who are basically roster players (Hughes, Azubuike, Forrest and Brantley) look pretty comfortable playing together. Eli has been splitting time each game between the 2 and 3.

I do wonder how Malis entire career would have been different if he didn’t get hot in that E8 game. As Cuse fans we take that result 10/10. But if he didn’t go off in that game, and he came back and played the 2, who knows if he would have taken a bigger leap. Of course Brissett looks like a totally different player even tho a lot of us thought he left yoo early, but Mali looks so lost right now I wonder what happened. Lydon at least somewhat has an excuse since he hadn’t played in 2 years before TBT

If you told me in 2016 that in 5 years no one from that FF team would even have a place in the league I’d be shocked. I would have been pretty confident in 1 of Mali/Lydon/G at least being on an NBA roster.

Malachi has been out of the league and has really been struggling this summer, meanwhile Brissett was starting and extremely productive and Hughes looks like he could stick.

You just never know how guys will improve and develop. In their respective freshman seasons of college b-ball, Malachi probably projected as the best NBA prospect of the 3 of them.

Malachi has been out of the league and has really been struggling this summer, meanwhile Brissett was starting and extremely productive and Hughes looks like he could stick.

You just never know how guys will improve and develop. In their respective freshman seasons of college b-ball, Malachi probably projected as the best NBA prospect of the 3 of them.
The Jazz are way over the cap and Hughes is about as cheap as an NBA player can get. He has a good chance of sticking this year in part because his contract is a bargain bin.

Fwiw though it seems the Jazz do like him.

Last edited:
I always though Malachi got extremely lucky to be selected in the NBA. He graded out as our fifth best player that season and put up the same numbers as Cooney, but you wouldn’t know that reading the board.

Obviosuly the Virginia game helped him, but so did being a McDonalds All American. The higher you are rated as a prospect the more chances you get IMO.

I always though Malachi got extremely lucky to be selected in the NBA. He graded out as our fifth best player that season and put up the same numbers as Cooney, but you wouldn’t know that reading the board.

Obviosuly the Virginia game helped him, but so did being a McDonalds All American. The higher you are rated as a prospect the more chances you get IMO.
Same thing for where you are drafted, or so it seems at times. Almost self fulfilling

Agree. Back in the "old days", it would have been considered a good freshman year to build on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom