Elijah Hughes: Bucks | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes: Bucks

I always though Malachi got extremely lucky to be selected in the NBA. He graded out as our fifth best player that season and put up the same numbers as Cooney, but you wouldn’t know that reading the board.

Obviosuly the Virginia game helped him, but so did being a McDonalds All American. The higher you are rated as a prospect the more chances you get IMO.

All of that is true, but I also think the nature of the modern NBA searches out guys with his profile.

As you state, he was a McD's all american. He was a legit 6-6, and although he was inconsistent shooting the ball, had a reputation for being a shooter -- and he got a lot of attention for that outburst against UVa. The league stockpiles 3-and-D types, and that's what Mali projected as.

Sacramento took him late in the first round, so there was low risk. Never mind that they'd taken two players just like him [McLemore from Kansas, and Nik Stauskus from Michigan] in the two previous drafts. They didn't find an answer with those two selections, and didn't find one with Mali, either.

Cuse getting guys like Hughes and Gbinije to the league is a far bigger feather in the cap for a college b-ball program than Duke and Kentucky getting all the top 10
Recruits and “putting” them in the league 6 months later.

But everybody is stupid now, so they won’t get it.

Jazz on at 830 vs Dallas on NBATV. Eli not starting but should hopefully get some good PT based on who is sitting out tonight.

Hughes has had a much stronger pre-season this year.

I don't know if it'll change his PT much. Snyder has a Boeheimian like attachment to his set rotations. But he's looking like a well-rounded player that could be ready to produce if called on.

I don't know if it'll change his PT much. Snyder has a Boeheimian like attachment to his set rotations. But he's looking like a well-rounded player that could be ready to produce if called on.

Really look forward to seeing Hughes wearing an NBA uniform.

I do think that playing with a playoff caliber team like the Jazz will help his early development -- kid has the tools and athleticism to be in the League for a long time.

Yes, that's the biggest criticism of Snyder. They will be up 30 and he still has the starters in. This year they are even deeper with Whiteside, Paschall and Rudy Gay. We won't see much of Eli, Jared Butler, Trent Forrest, Azibuike and Oni but they are all guys that would see more minutes on many other teams. And all those guys have a huge upside, especially Butler who people are saying is the steal of the draft. So maybe Q learned a little from the last couple seasons and spread the minutes out a little more, especially with Conley, Ingles and Bojan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom