Elite 11 QB | Syracusefan.com

Elite 11 QB

Not only did we get an incredible football player, but someone who can't seem to stop speaking highly about SU to any recruit that will listen.

and when a guy like that performs at camps and keeps getting recognition - other recruits will at least listen. "why is this guy going to SU, is there something I'm missing?" At least we'll have players doing some internet research about SU that would have never looked at us before.

not yet...It will be in August. All updates are from the Infamous Twitter world...sorry

Can you post the twitter page it's being updated on?

Just saw Zach Allen ran a 4.60 forty at the elite 11 qb camp...3rd best time at camp & a 4.28 shuttle run..2nd best at camp

I think star ratings are a bunch of crap but I have to admit they are nice when it comes to the perception of things because after all in today's mindless world perception is reality. But if this kid ain't a 4 star QB then the system is rigged, cause I don't know what is.

Kids gonna be a flat out stud if his progression continues at a steady pace.

I think star ratings are a bunch of crap but I have to admit they are nice when it comes to the perception of things because after all in today's mindless world perception is reality. But if this kid ain't a 4 star QB then the system is rigged, cause I don't know what is.

A lot of people knock the star system, especially fans whose team doesn't rake in highly rated kids, but let me tell you something. People always point to offers a kid got. Those lists of offers are not any more reliable than the star system. Most of them come from the kid and they embellish, count verbal offers, maybes and even lie to increase the perception of themselves. Some HS coaches aren't much better either.

So if you're gonna bang the star system you can't have it both ways and hang your hat on offers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

A lot of people knock the star system, especially fans whose team doesn't rake in highly rated kids, but let me tell you something. People always point to offers a kid got. Those lists of offers are not any more reliable than the star system. Most of them come from the kid and they embellish, count verbal offers, maybes and even lie to increase the perception of themselves. Some HS coaches aren't much better either.

So if you're gonna bang the star system you can't have it both ways and hang your hat on offers.

Lying by the kids or coaches aside, the stars are bullshit because they're put together by people no more qualified than Donnie Manhattan - numbskulls who were cut from their high school team and hired off the street to write homer articles to appease the sites with the biggest subs. I'll put my stock in coaches and official visits and things like that before I put my stock in star ratings bs.

I could've been a writer for rivals and it sure as doesn't make me an expert.

The QB from Texas has been shitting the bed on the circuit yet there he is rated 5 stars because he's committed to Texas. Or better yet, Laviano with his 3 star 5.6 rating, the same as Zach Allen. Please. The star ratings are garbage and all these kids look the same on film anyways.

You miss my whole point. I don't care what people think of the star system. But seems like people always want to point to the offers kids have as proof he is good. The offers are no more reliable, and sometimes even less, than the number of stars.

Scout's TX guy refuses to change his ranking until he sees him in game this season. Meanwhile, their FL guy bumped Hodge up to 3-stars after seeing him tear up a 7-on-7. Kinda silly to be inconsistent like that.

Lying by the kids or coaches aside, the stars are bullshit because they're put together by people no more qualified than Donnie Manhattan - numbskulls who were cut from their high school team and hired off the street to write homer articles to appease the sites with the biggest subs. I'll put my stock in coaches and official visits and things like that before I put my stock in star ratings bs.

I could've been a writer for rivals and it sure as **** doesn't make me an expert.

The QB from Texas has been shitting the bed on the circuit yet there he is rated 5 stars because he's committed to Texas. Or better yet, Laviano with his 3 star 5.6 rating, the same as Zach Allen. Please. The star ratings are garbage and all these kids look the same on film anyways.

FWIW, i liked Laviano's film alot, and would have like to see SU offer him. That being said, I fall squarely into the category of people you described in the first paragraph (actually i have never played football). :)

Other than the speed test results, not much else on Zach from the twitosphere today, however Stumpf said that there wasn't anyone out there that didn't look like they belonged and may be the best Elite 11 group since 2006.

Scout's TX guy refuses to change his ranking until he sees him in game this season. Meanwhile, their FL guy bumped Hodge up to 3-stars after seeing him tear up a 7-on-7. Kinda of silly to be inconsistent like that.
Not really to me it's a little more silly to change your rankings based on a t shirt and cleat drill instead of live action but hey that's just me

Not really to me it's a little more silly to change your rankings based on a t shirt and cleat drill instead of live action but hey that's just me

He's played in a football game before. In fact, he's played an entire season worth of games. I saw some myself on the Internet. My real point was the consistency though. Don't have 1 guy in TX do it completely different than the guy in the other part of the country. I'm sure when all is said and done, he'll get a bump.

Twitter actually got some of the speed drill results wrong...Zach did run a 4.61 forty but he ran a 4.16 shuttle not 4.28...Sorry

Scout's TX guy refuses to change his ranking until he sees him in game this season. Meanwhile, their FL guy bumped Hodge up to 3-stars after seeing him tear up a 7-on-7. Kinda of silly to be inconsistent like that.

This.

Considering he is a January enrollee, I truly believe he will be the starter in 2013.
If he isn't, then we have a great quarterback situation going on. I think the competition between Allen, Wilson, Hunt and possibly Broyld is going to really pay dividends in the next few years. And if Allen does win the starting job and Wilson redshirts, he could get some snaps in the next coming years and then start his redshirt senior year and have an outstanding year. Obviously that is looking a long way down the road, and we could recruit other great quarterbacks in the meantime, but the football factories always have 2-3 quality quarterbacks being developed and this may be the start of that for SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom