Elmore | Syracusefan.com

Elmore

GoSU96

Living Legend
There is somebody here that thinks Rhino should be a feature back, and I’ve mocked that as much as anyone, but that kid is a X factor in the overall scheme that can’t be ignored and based on last year these guys know how and when to maximize his impact.

I don’t think Baylor ever had a 300lb leadback on short yardage situations

I think it would be fun to see him run in a situation that wasn't an obvious short yardage down. If we went 4 wide and he made it past the LOS it could be fun to see a safety risk his life tackling him. I think the whole getting past the LOS part is the question mark in that scenario.

Maybe in a few scenarios, but his blocking is so valuable. I remember during the Clemson game they talked about "you follow Elmore and he'll get you where you need to go" and it immediately led to Dungey following the back of Elmore into the endzone.

Listening to and watching him block people is a thing of beauty. You can hear the THUD up in the 300’s and can’t help but immediately think of the other player’s family. He’s a downhill bowling ball when he squares someone up. That is the greatest value he brings. He clears 2nd level lanes out.

Wow we are not all on the same page about what Elmore brings to the table? I don’t think HCDB uses gimmicks. Elmore clears out anyone in front of him - I agree that Howard is the quicker/faster back but Elmore is a beast who is an extension of the o line when we want it.

Ya it does seem like at times Elmore clogs things up. There are times he can obviously be a great blocker if he has a bit of space to hit somebody and it’s clear who he needs to block he will clear them out. But there are also times where they know we are running up the gut. The line gets no push and he doesn’t really want to hit the back of our lineman and it just seems like he is standing in the pile. Now maybe a slimmer more nimble fullback in that scenario may be able to squeeze through the OL and hit somebody and not clog things up but it’s also hard to say for sure another fullback could do much more in that scenario. I know he has the ability to catch a bit also but it seems like we could have a good blocking back that is faster and even more of a dangerous threat in the receiving game.
Elmore at 300 seems a bit rediculous to me. I’d like to see what he could do at DT.

I've rewatched a ton of last season's games. They ran behind Elmore all the time, especially with Dungey. He opened up many holes. Don't understand why he's being undervalued here.

If he wasn’t providing value on the field, Babers wouldn’t be putting him out there.

I don't think there's a player on this team that I enjoy watching more than Elmore. He's an excellent blocker, and he's not just a truck because of his size, but because of his technique. He's absolutely a weapon, and a big part of why we've been getting better year over year in the red zone/goal line situational play.

Our version of the Nigerian Nightmare. 6-foot-1, 260-pounds with 4.45-second speed in the 40-yard dash. Okoye, sporting a 34-inch waist and 28-inch thighs, squatted 725 pounds, benched 405 and power-cleaned 395 before stepping into an NFL weight room for the first time as a second-round choice.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a player on this team that I enjoy watching more than Elmore. He's an excellent blocker, and he's not just a truck because of his size, but because of his technique. He's absolutely a weapon, and a big part of why we've been getting better year over year in the red zone/goal line situational play.

Having an elite blocker like him is invaluable. When he gets his hands/pads on you, you're out of the play.

That is worth a boatload to an offensive coach.

Pretty sure I'm the poster OP is mocking but if you can't appreciate Elmores blocking and role you must be a fan of running out of the shotgun first and goal from the 1 and losing yards.

Hope we always have a servicable full back for short yardage.

if you can't appreciate Elmores blocking and role you must be a fan of running out of the shotgun first and goal from the 1 and losing yards.
Man, I'm not just a fan of that, I'm a stan of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom