End the charade and kill the Big 12 | Syracusefan.com

End the charade and kill the Big 12

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
moves that can be made that effectively end all the re-alignment nonsense and kill the Big 12: end game if you will.

WVU to ACC
OU and OSU to SEC
Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU to PAC12

leaves Kansas, KSU, Iowa State and Cincy on the outside looking in fighting for B1G

moves that can be made that effectively end all the re-alignment nonsense and kill the Big 12: end game if you will.

WVU to ACC
OU and OSU to SEC

leaves Kansas, KSU, Iowa State and Cincy on the outside looking in fighting for B1G

Definitely agree, except the Pac wont take a school like Baylor. Hadn't thought about OSU and OU both to the SEC. Makes sense though.

I'd almost prefer UConn to round the ACC with ND. Let WVU twist in the wind.

I agree with the title of this thread. Not sure how it can be accomplished but if the rug can be pulled out from under the WVU 'Dudes' I would LMAO. So no to WVU to ACC. That's all.

Can't imagine the p12 wanting all 4 Texas schools. I still think WVU is a good addition to the ACC.

What will be interesting to see is who wins this ACC/B12 death match. As sure as SU and ACC fans are that the B12 will die, the B12 homers are sure it will be the ACC that dies. I think both sides don't know diddly and skew the facts and numbers.

I think both conferences are 50/50.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What will be interesting to see is who wins this ACC/B12 death match. As sure as SU and ACC fans are that the B12 will die, the B12 homers are sure it will be the ACC that dies. I think both sides don't know diddly and skew the facts and numbers.

Big 12 is done give it 6 months.

Big 12 is done give it 6 months.

See? You sound like the dude.

the dude will be around in 6 months...he brings way to much to the table.

Perhaps neither conference dies. I, for one, don't believe in the 4/16 superconference teenage fantasy.

Big 12 stopped the run on their conference when kept Texas in the fold. I'll see what happens with FSU and Clemson but I don't feel all that secure ( but I'm not worried whatever happens ..happens)

Perhaps neither conference dies. I, for one, don't believe in the 4/16 superconference teenage fantasy.

I agree - the only reason conferences should expand is to increase value, not increase # of teams. Staying at 12 with a conference championship is all you need. When the B12 starts getting left out of a NC playoffs because they eliminate each other with no clear cut winner, they will probably expand to 12. I also think that 14 is awkward so I think that the B1G, SEC and ACC are committed to go to 16 now. So it may be inevitable that only 8 more universities get into this elusive club. The better question may be which are the next best 8 teams/universities left assuming the PAC12 stays at 12 and the B12 goes back to 12?

WVU to ACC
OU and OSU to SEC

Replace Baylor and TT or TCU w/ Kansas and K State unless B1G adds them first. WVU won't end up in the ACC either.

What makes it a teenage fantasy?

Just let the SEC play Texas A&M success on Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and they become 15 and 16. Alabama and Auburn move to the SEC East. Texas and Notre Dame to the B1G as 15 and 16. The Big XII is destroyed and the ACC can pickup whatever non-WVU scraps they want from the Big XII and this stuff is done.

What makes it a teenage fantasy?

It is a simpleton's fantasy Bees, based on the premise that there is a "Super 64" that can be deemed worthy of competing for a national championship through a mathmatically simple yet elegant play-off. The fact that there are more than 64 universities that compete at the BCS level is just an "inconvenient truth" to the "Super 64" advocates.

Agree with this, but I have the ACC 70%/Big 12 30% because of location. Unless teh PAC is willing to open an East Coast Pod, the Big 12 is the only fertile expansion grounds.

It is a simpleton's fantasy Bees, based on the premise that there is a "Super 64" that can be deemed worthy of competing for a national championship through a mathmatically simple yet elegant play-off. The fact that there are more than 64 universities that compete at the BCS level is just an "inconvenient truth" to the "Super 64" advocates.

Well, we don't know how or where it will end up. But the 4x16 isn't some new concept nor just a childs fantasy. It was foirst proposed by Vince Dooley in the 90's. It was further supported and discussed by many other people that aren't children. It was also proposed that they will eventually break away from the NCAA. Bottom line is that the "haves" don't want the "have nots" have anything.

the haves should split. whether is 4x16 or not, i dont care. n illinois ruined a bowl game this year, im sick of it.

same with hoop. let the pissants have their own tourny. dont want butler ruining my game watching again.

however, let the pissant victor play the bcs victor. that would be fun.

Oh Lord

Bottom line is that the "haves" don't want the "have nots" have anything.

Which is why 4 x 16 is not likely. The "haves" are the B1G, SEC, and P12. The B12 and ACC have assets that the "haves" need. If all three "haves" get to 16, what will be left is a glorified "have not" whether that be called the B12 or ACC is meaningless. Either we will stay at 5 conferences or the B12 will die. That has to happen. The ACC could survive and be a fourth "have", but why let it if you are a "have"? You want to consolidate power and kill the ACC as well. So why stop at 16 teams? I think at this point 3 x 20 is more likely than 4 x 16.

Which is why 4 x 16 is not likely. The "haves" are the B1G, SEC, and P12. The B12 and ACC have assets that the "haves" need. If all three "haves" get to 16, what will be left is a glorified "have not" whether that be called the B12 or ACC is meaningless. Either we will stay at 5 conferences or the B12 will die. That has to happen. The ACC could survive and be a fourth "have", but why let it if you are a "have"? You want to consolidate power and kill the ACC as well. So why stop at 16 teams? I think at this point 3 x 20 is more likely than 4 x 16.
Who are the 4 schools most likely to be left out in the cold in your 3 x20 scenairo. Wth Louisville in the ACC we now have 64 teams and Notre Dame as 65. Wake Forest, Boston College, Syracuse Duke,Louisville, Pitt, West Virginia, Iowa State, Baylor would all be candidates IMO.

Sooo, then eventually we can expect the Monsters of the Midway to assimilate all the other conferences into their supreme all encompassing cable network. Then, since it won't matter whether anyone actually watches or not, universities can axe their athletic programs in order to cut expenses.

Go Maroons.

20 teams is not a conference. For that matter 16 teams is not really a conference either. I know this is pollyanna thinking but if you don't play every other team once a year in football, your're not a conference. If you don't play every team hoe and away in basketball, you'r ento a conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom