Women's Basketball Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher in the transfer portal

crazycassie

Walk On
Not a surprise Emily went to Louisville, felt she would end up at one of the top 10 schools and I guess Louisville or Maryland. Louisville was probably going to be the ranked preseason best of ACC and adding of double machine of Emily only strengthens them. Hope she does well and enhances her play towards WNBA career.

baggerbob

All Conference
Not a surprise Emily went to Louisville, felt she would end up at one of the top 10 schools and I guess Louisville or Maryland. Louisville was probably going to be the ranked preseason best of ACC and adding of double machine of Emily only strengthens them. Hope she does well and enhances her play towards WNBA career.
A junior from Ohio St, Dorka Juhasz at 6-4 good rebounder from Hungary just put her name in the transfer portal.

Shrmdougluvr

You're more of a games guy.
Louisville had a good record this year, but didn't overpower anyone. They won almost every close game. For the talent Jeff had they were not a good team. They need Emily, hope she does well there.

I don't know about the rest of their scheduled, but they "overpowered" Syracuse twice, winning by 13 each time. And Engstler was SU's best player in each game.

Alsacs

Internet Man, Internet Hero or Internet Scout!!
Engstler was my favorite player I wish she picked a good academic school.
Louisville degree versus Syracuse degree isn’t the same.
She went to a good women’s basketball school though.
She was a player on I want on my team.

Maryland would have been a better choice IMO but good luck to her except when she plays us.

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
Engstler was my favorite player I wish she picked a good academic school.
Louisville degree versus Syracuse degree isn’t the same.
She went to a good women’s basketball school though.
She was a player on I want on my team.

Maryland would have been a better choice IMO but good luck to her except when she plays us.
she can always go back to school later in life, professional ball is what she's working towards

RoofBeam

Scout Team
Well, at least we had one year of bodily transformed Emily. It would have sucked even more if the new, improved version was unveiled only after she arrived at Louisville.

Good luck, Emily!

llandz

All American
Rumblings that Kiara Fisher will be entering the transfer portal also. The last of the "punished 4". Originally announced she was staying. Ugh...

baggerbob

All Conference
Rumblings that Kiara Fisher will be entering the transfer portal also. The last of the "punished 4". Originally announced she was staying. Ugh...
The only real player that will be missed is Emily. Tiana will be missed, but she was gone after this year regardless.

crazycassie

Walk On
Clemson for Lewis, don't think it does much for her. Thought maybe Wake Forest would be a good landing spot with Gina Conti leaving. Still fine it odd that none of these Seniors posted "thanks" for their time at Syracuse, guess Q wanted to clean house. Let's hope someone coming in can actual shoot 3s and not just "chuck up" the ball. Not since Drumond has there been a reliable shooter in the corner.

AngryOtto

2nd String
what is the problem here with all the transfers??? coaching style????
Lack of development? Q is a great recruiter but his teams recently have under achieved. With the class he is bringing in and with the girls that stayed he should be a top 15 team. If we have another similar season you will see the remaining talent leave.

baggerbob

All Conference
Lack of development? Q is a great recruiter but his teams recently have under achieved. With the class he is bringing in and with the girls that stayed he should be a top 15 team. If we have another similar season you will see the remaining talent leave.
The last 2 years the team hasn't been a team. Q let individuals shoot whenever they wanted. Lewis went one on one for drives to the hoop and most of the time missed. A good person, but not a good player.
They needed to get rid of most of the players who played that way, and start over with Cardosa, Williams, Hyman, and the new players.

UD1954

Walk On
Players not saying goodbye for their time here says a lot ...Lewis won't have the green light to shoot at Clemson she had here because she's a terrible shooter. Players seem to regress under Q for some reason ... SG Cooper comes to mind as she shot terribly her senior year

baggerbob

All Conference
Players not saying goodbye for their time here says a lot ...Lewis won't have the green light to shoot at Clemson she had here because she's a terrible shooter. Players seem to regress under Q for some reason ... SG Cooper comes to mind as she shot terribly her senior year
Cooper's problem can be attributed to playing with Lewis who held the ball too long on possessions before starting a play. Then either she drove into the lane, took an outside shot, or if neither was available, passes to someone as the shot clock ran down.

tipphill

All Conference
q seems to be constantly "overcoaching" almost on the court alot. shouting instructions seems like that would make players on edge rather than relaxed. hard to play your best with that much distraction.---of course i could be way off base with this.

rhcuse

Starter
Random thoughts:
  1. Losing Engstler hurts
  2. Losing Djaldi-Tabdi as a 4/5 and possible starter is huge, not flashy just solid, smart and productive
  3. Huijbens was surprising for some reason as her size was intriguing
  4. Fisher seems quick and hope she stays
  5. Cardoso can be so much better if slows down just a millisecond and wouldn’t try to catch turn and shoot all in one motion, missed way too many layups. But also the entry passes pinned her under the backboard too many times.
  6. Cardoso, use your size to carve out some space to go up at a good angle and when your ready. And jump, no more tippy toe raises with your arms straight up, especially on rebounds.
  7. Expect a much improved active assertive Priscilla Williams next year.
  8. Overall, this shake up could be good. Roster needed much more athleticism top to bottom and a couple of brawlers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom