Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor play yes they should sit ...but when freshman walk into starting positions over upperclassman ...you've got problems.
Really believe that his playing Lewis so many minutes, when she shot them out of many games with Q doing nothing, is part of the reason for many of the problems.

1617051496600.png

So that’s 9 scholarship players either transferring or going pro?

Now that is a mass exodus.

Maybe they realize they hate winter in new york. Hell if I could just pick up and go I'd be out of here to.

Freaking house, jobs, kids, in-laws.

Now that is a mass exodus.

Maybe they realize they hate winter in new york. Hell if I could just pick up and go I'd be out of here to.

Freaking house, jobs, kids, in-laws.
No-- its definitely the coaching staff lolol.

No-- its definitely the coaching staff lolol.
Or it's a revolt about the players that were suspended. Or why they were suspended.
Or the seniors weren't extended the option to return. How many coming in the next class?

Time for Q to portal somewhere else. All these players can’t be wrong.

Or it's a revolt about the players that were suspended. Or why they were suspended.
Or the seniors weren't extended the option to return. How many coming in the next class?
6 so far counting the junior transfer from USC.

I dont know. Just have a gut feeling it's much deeper than that. 5 freshman-- Lattimore, Day-Wilson, Bartlett, Walker, and Wilson. Plus another with the girl we just added from USC via the transfer portal if im not mistaken.

I dont know. Just have a gut feeling it's much deeper than that. 5 freshman-- Lattimore, Day-Wilson, Bartlett, Walker, and Wilson. Plus another with the girl we just added from USC via the transfer portal if im not mistaken.
And how many of the leaving are seniors that without the covid rule giving them an extra year have no eligibility left? Normally their only option would be as a grad transfer.

Surprised Emily didn't transfer her Freshmen year, always seem to be friction between her and Q. She never got to show her full potential now with the extra year and not having to sit out, she can join almost any team, start and get the exposure to become WNBA pick. That all the Seniors have chosen not to return and enter the portal is concerning, could be a really young team starting next season.

And how many of the leaving are seniors that without the covid rule giving them an extra year have no eligibility left? Normally their only option would be as a grad transfer.
This. That is why you are all going ape over something that is not really important. There are a ton of transfers all over due to this year's rules. 5 of these players were never coming back regardless. Most not only have their degrees but also master degrees. Digna would probably of gone home or played overseas, but she has a serious boyfriend somewhere in Pennsylvania.. Maeva is the only one who really might have stayed in other times. I think COVID and all restriction played a part also. Maybe their friends in SEC country got to have fans in the stands and we did not. Maybe some want to be closer to home, and family. So much has affected things this season. If Q was such a huge problem why has this not happened over the past 12 or so years.

To elaborate on the last brilliant post, I looked at the Transfer Portal for Women and found many highly rated players; including ones from UConn, ND and other Power conference members. IMO, the combination of this transfer rule and COVID 19 are making college hoops a mess, from the team development and planning aspect. Coach Q is a very good recruiter and we already added the transfer from USC. We should come through this will a lineup of quality players.
B274FA7C-867C-44E4-8BFD-D4AB03D0AAB1.jpeg

To elaborate on the last brilliant post, I looked at the Transfer Portal for Women and found many highly rated players; including ones from UConn, ND and other Power conference members. IMO, the combination of this transfer rule and COVID 19 are making college hoops a mess, from the team development and planning aspect. Coach Q is a very good recruiter and we already added the transfer from USC. We should come through this will a lineup of quality players.
View attachment 199048
4 of the players leaving are Grad Transfers. They may get a Masters some where else. Tiana was going pro after this year anyways. Emily is a definite loss, but needs to do what's best for her. Two players were on the suspension list, and the other was a walk on. We have to wait and see if anything else happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom