Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank goodness we have a transfer and like what, 5-6 new Freshmen coming in now.

At least Q will likely have enough scholarship players to run full practices.

Still TBD that JB will.

This mass exodus will leave us with a very inexperienced team next year. Our best hope is for Q and staff to effectively work the Transfer Portal where there lies abundant talent.
The 2nd thing that must happen is for Coach and staff to take a comprehensive look at the program and make adjustments. Hopefully, this year is an outlier.
They also must enhance the way players are developed; too many times, throughout Coach Qs tenure, we have underperformed considering the talent, on hand.
I am not bashing Coach; just looking for a reboot following some analysis; perhaps by bringing in a consultant to look at what’s working and what needs to be addressed. Coach Q has been good for Women’s Basketball at Syracuse!
03703516-2BA8-49CF-AA67-912BA051BE76.jpeg

Ozone! It all comes down to the numbers and available scholarships. Five of the ladies leaving are basically Grad transfers and one player was a walk-on who was not on scholarship. Three more had been suspended for violations we don't know anything about.

Now there are already five freshmen coming in for next year and one transfer. How many scholarships are available? Probably not as many as are leaving.

Yes it was nice of the NCAA to come up with the free year, allowing players to return when their eligibility was gone, but it isn't free for the schools and they lost money last year due to covid. It was left to individual schools if they would extend another year to players, it was not an automatic free year.

I don't consider it a mass exodus.

Ozone! It all comes down to the numbers and available scholarships. Five of the ladies leaving are basically Grad transfers and one player was a walk-on who was not on scholarship. Three more had been suspended for violations we don't know anything about.

Now there are already five freshmen coming in for next year and one transfer. How many scholarships are available? Probably not as many as are leaving.

Yes it was nice of the NCAA to come up with the free year, allowing players to return when their eligibility was gone, but it isn't free for the schools and they lost money last year due to covid. It was left to individual schools if they would extend another year to players, it was not an automatic free year.

I don't consider it a mass exodus.
The people leaving except for Emily, were too one dimensional. Two seniors who couldn't shoot, didn't play good defense or rebound. They all had to many holes in their games. Lewis too much one on one which a lot of times missed the shot fast break the other way.
Better to start with the youngsters, and build a team. The last 2 years were bad, too many individuals, not enough team players.

Engstler is good enough to play for Louisville but not SU? There most certainly is some inside information we are not privy to and it might not necessarily be about coaching dysfunction. Or maybe it is. Or maybe it's something else but whatever it is, I don't like it.
Did someone really say she wasn’t good enough to play for SU? I missed it if they did - that’s crazy.

When I first saw this, I was very upset and then reflected.
It seems that transferring within the conference is within the current rules. My remaining question is, was there any contact from anyone associated with Louisville prior to Emily informing Q and going into the Portal?
That would be a violation.
Having said that, Q and company have plenty of time to take quality players from the Portal. There are numerous very high quality players available now. I am breathing better and see this situation as a way to potentially upgrade our talent. This in no way diminishes the value Emily brought to Syracuse.

9591777D-FBA8-483D-B75A-8078BC172AA2.jpeg

Last edited:
When I first saw this, I was very upset and then reflected.
It seems that transferring within the conference is within the current rules. My remaining question is, was there any contact from anyone associated with Louisville prior to Emily informing Q and going into the Portal?
That would be a violation.
Having said that, Q and company have plenty of time to take quality players from the Portal. There are numerous very high quality players available now. I am breathing better and see this situation as a way to potentially upgrade our talent. This in no way diminishes the value Emily brought to Syracuse.

View attachment 199247
Louisville had a good record this year, but didn't overpower anyone. They won almost every close game. For the talent Jeff had they were not a good team. They need Emily, hope she does well there.

My guess is the last two seasons have been very frustrating for coach Q with the missed open shots, layups and general lack of improvement which in turn had him acting out of character somewhat. The last couple of years have been frustrating for fans watching so a fresh start was needed. l'd also guess that that the four players suspended where in protest over treatment from Q not from attending a party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom