Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I was referring to her not being on the starting five this year

But that doesn’t matter - it’s not who starts the game, but who finishes it.

(Which is the same convo KB had w Kadary, and with the same result.)

Not a surprise Emily went to Louisville, felt she would end up at one of the top 10 schools and I guess Louisville or Maryland. Louisville was probably going to be the ranked preseason best of ACC and adding of double machine of Emily only strengthens them. Hope she does well and enhances her play towards WNBA career.

Not a surprise Emily went to Louisville, felt she would end up at one of the top 10 schools and I guess Louisville or Maryland. Louisville was probably going to be the ranked preseason best of ACC and adding of double machine of Emily only strengthens them. Hope she does well and enhances her play towards WNBA career.
A junior from Ohio St, Dorka Juhasz at 6-4 good rebounder from Hungary just put her name in the transfer portal.

Louisville had a good record this year, but didn't overpower anyone. They won almost every close game. For the talent Jeff had they were not a good team. They need Emily, hope she does well there.

I don't know about the rest of their scheduled, but they "overpowered" Syracuse twice, winning by 13 each time. And Engstler was SU's best player in each game.

Engstler was my favorite player I wish she picked a good academic school.
Louisville degree versus Syracuse degree isn’t the same.
She went to a good women’s basketball school though.
She was a player on I want on my team.

Maryland would have been a better choice IMO but good luck to her except when she plays us.

Engstler was my favorite player I wish she picked a good academic school.
Louisville degree versus Syracuse degree isn’t the same.
She went to a good women’s basketball school though.
She was a player on I want on my team.

Maryland would have been a better choice IMO but good luck to her except when she plays us.
she can always go back to school later in life, professional ball is what she's working towards

Well, at least we had one year of bodily transformed Emily. It would have sucked even more if the new, improved version was unveiled only after she arrived at Louisville.

Good luck, Emily!

Rumblings that Kiara Fisher will be entering the transfer portal also. The last of the "punished 4". Originally announced she was staying. Ugh...

Rumblings that Kiara Fisher will be entering the transfer portal also. The last of the "punished 4". Originally announced she was staying. Ugh...
The only real player that will be missed is Emily. Tiana will be missed, but she was gone after this year regardless.

Clemson for Lewis, don't think it does much for her. Thought maybe Wake Forest would be a good landing spot with Gina Conti leaving. Still fine it odd that none of these Seniors posted "thanks" for their time at Syracuse, guess Q wanted to clean house. Let's hope someone coming in can actual shoot 3s and not just "chuck up" the ball. Not since Drumond has there been a reliable shooter in the corner.

what is the problem here with all the transfers??? coaching style????

what is the problem here with all the transfers??? coaching style????
Lack of development? Q is a great recruiter but his teams recently have under achieved. With the class he is bringing in and with the girls that stayed he should be a top 15 team. If we have another similar season you will see the remaining talent leave.

Lack of development? Q is a great recruiter but his teams recently have under achieved. With the class he is bringing in and with the girls that stayed he should be a top 15 team. If we have another similar season you will see the remaining talent leave.
The last 2 years the team hasn't been a team. Q let individuals shoot whenever they wanted. Lewis went one on one for drives to the hoop and most of the time missed. A good person, but not a good player.
They needed to get rid of most of the players who played that way, and start over with Cardosa, Williams, Hyman, and the new players.

Players not saying goodbye for their time here says a lot ...Lewis won't have the green light to shoot at Clemson she had here because she's a terrible shooter. Players seem to regress under Q for some reason ... SG Cooper comes to mind as she shot terribly her senior year

Players not saying goodbye for their time here says a lot ...Lewis won't have the green light to shoot at Clemson she had here because she's a terrible shooter. Players seem to regress under Q for some reason ... SG Cooper comes to mind as she shot terribly her senior year
Cooper's problem can be attributed to playing with Lewis who held the ball too long on possessions before starting a play. Then either she drove into the lane, took an outside shot, or if neither was available, passes to someone as the shot clock ran down.

q seems to be constantly "overcoaching" almost on the court alot. shouting instructions seems like that would make players on edge rather than relaxed. hard to play your best with that much distraction.---of course i could be way off base with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom