Enjoy Grant while you can. | Syracusefan.com

Enjoy Grant while you can.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Outside shot or not, I don't know if he comes back. He's that good.

No way - he's got a lot of work to do yet. At least one more year.
He will be back next year.

You guys need to remember the GMs don't draft on actual play, but on potential play - he's gone after this year.

In Fairness he wasn't Granted the chance to do much in the second half tonight.

If he keeps knocking down 2-3 of those long twos though someone might grab him on potential, but players are better off not leaving on potential these days, if they want a better chance to make it in the NBA. Not enough NBA teams.

Last edited:
Grantzilla needs at least one more year of college ball. Though he produces some highlight moves, he's not consistent. And his outside shot is weak.

Great draft class this year. Kid doesn't need the money. He will be back.

I forget that part. Very interesting.

How the F does the ref allow that shot to be counted for Duke?

Awkward looking shot, but athletic as hell. How does a kid like that from the family he comes from have such a ugly looking shot. Momma mia.

His offense game is do limited right now he makes CJ look like Jordan,

So I guess it is OK for Grant to start throwing the dynasty hand sign/signal... whatever? ;)

I don't think he showed us much tonight. I suspect he will show us more in the future, and every good bball player can have so-so games.

Chad Ford tweeted earlier that a lot of NBA types are saying he's a potential top 10 pick right now, after the way he played in Maui.

The whole "he needs another year" crowd never learn.

Grant is gone. He was gone the minute he showed serious potential as a stretch 4.

Maybe we should start betting cases of beer like we did with TC's 3PT%

Everyone brings up good points. What makes Grant somewhat more unique than some other college kids is that he sure as heck doesn't come from poverty(thanks to Dasher for hinting at this). He could be sponsoring parties for his pals for all I know. He might not have the same sense of urgency as (fill in the blank) to get out and get the millions ASAP, as his family is set for life regardless if he has some rare injury or not. I'm not saying this is the be all end all, but it certainly is a wrinkle that the majority of college athletes don't have in their equation.

Of course I suppose some could counter with the argument that he could overexpose himself(not unlike the chick in sec 317) and scouts might not see him develop as fast as they expected and his value could drop. I'm not sure how much I buy the odds of that happening with his pedigree though. You also have to take into account that he's a college KID right now, and some individuals value that experience and can put off the responsibilities that come with the money for another year, possibly even 2. Even though it was a different era, maybe the Grants who graduated will have some say on the matter. In other words, I dont know. It's just weird that some people can be so sure and I'm hoping to add something worth consideration here.

He is growing and there will be more nights like tonight where he makes more mistakes than plays. All in all though, he really is special. When he gets some consistency into his game they we'll be scary good and he'll be ready for the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom