Ennis getting alot of love on espn as best frosh | Syracusefan.com

Ennis getting alot of love on espn as best frosh

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
the majority of the analysts they asked said tE was the best frosh mostly due to his position's importance...also leads all the hyped frosh in win shares.

Dickey V seemed to pick both TE and parker though. weird.

the majority of the analysts they asked said tE was the best frosh mostly due to his position's importance...also leads all the hyped frosh in win shares.

Dickey V seemed to pick both TE and parker though. weird.

Seems like Dickey V is hedging his bets with the Cuse in the ACC and doing so well this year. I can't hardly imagine just how he's going to try to compose himself for this game.

Wiggins is coming on as well the last 2 games. That Kansas team is pretty scary with 4 possible lottery picks. But I would not trade Ennis for any player in college basketball for this SU team.

Dorris Burke, Sean Farnham, Bruce Pearl and Dukie V picked Ennis

Deadhead Bill Walton picked Aaron Gordon

Jimmy Dykes says Embid, then went on to say Arizona and Kansas are the two best teams.

There is also these new video's on ESPN about Ennis. Not sure if they already been posted anywhere on this site

Who's the top Freshman
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10380742&categoryid=2378529

Freshman math
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10377692&categoryid=2378529
Funny how analysts tend to hype the teams/players in their "bubble".

Bill Walton picks a PAC guy.
Jimmy Dykes picks midwestern teams/players because Kentucky isnt any good.
Dick Vitale, Doris Burke, pick ACC guys.

How anybody could say Gordon is the best freshman in college hoops this season is beyond me. He's a great talent, don't get me wrong. But other than his dunks, he does not contribute much on the offensive side of the ball.

How anybody could say Gordon is the best freshman in college hoops this season is beyond me. He's a great talent, don't get me wrong. But other than his dunks, he does not contribute much on the offensive side of the ball.
It makes me a bad college hoops fan I know, but I haven't watched Zona this year. Based on what you just said though - is Blake Griffin a good comparison for Gordon?

jekelish said:
It makes me a bad college hoops fan I know, but I haven't watched Zona this year. Based on what you just said though - is Blake Griffin a good comparison for Gordon?
He reminds me of taushaun prince. V good defender

Griffin at OU was far more dominant than Gordon

Oh I know, I just mean in terms of having similar size/athleticism/games, and all that crap.

At least I wasn't comparing him to Marshall Plumlee.

See below. He's a great defender. Lots of blocks. But very limited on offense.

Let's put it this way. If we played Zona tomorrow, I would be a lot more concerned about Nick Johnson, Ashley, and Tarzewscki (sp?)

Agreed. But Griffin did stay 2 years, IIRC.

Oh I know, I just mean in terms of having similar size/athleticism/games, and all that crap.

At least I wasn't comparing him to Marshall Plumlee.

He reminds me more of Shawn Marion back when he played for the Suns and was a lethal force in the fast break and cutting off the ball while also being a great defender.

Nobody despises ESPN as much as I ... but I have to feast on crow. ESPN has impressed me this year with their recognition of Ennis.