Ennis makes the cut | Syracusefan.com

Ennis makes the cut

moqui

generational talent
makes his debut appearance in Jeff Goodman's Freshman Tracker at #6, behind Parker, Randle, Gordon, Wiggins and Vonleh

6. Tyler Ennis, PG, Syracuse Orange
6-2, 180 pounds

The Canadian native breaks into the rankings for the first time after a terrific performance against Indiana in which he had 17 points, eight assists and seven rebounds in the win. He’s the starting point guard on a team that can state a legit case for being ranked No. 1 in the nation.

Needs to improve: Ennis can run the team, and he’s shot the ball well from deep, but he still has some work to do on his shot. He’ll need to add a pull-up and he’ll also need to work on his on-ball defense, especially with Syracuse’s 2-3 zone defense. Ennis will also have to work on his lateral quickness and strength.

This week: Off

Stats: 11.3 PPG, 4.9 APG, 3.2 RPG | Previous rank: NR

Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Gordon and Vonleh... those are some studs. I don't know about Ennis breaking into the top 5. Maybe for Gordon?

Interesting which teams they represent: Duke, UK, Zona, KU, IU .... and SU.

They forgot his 3 steals per game, which leads the ACC.

One and done?

I am not sure what is driving this myth that Ennis and Cooney are weak on defense. The presently rank 22 and 10 respectively in steal rate (% of opponent's possession that ends with a steal from that player). 11% of opponents' possessions end in a steal when they are both on the floor. Right now, this is the best SU team in turnover rate in the last 12 years.

any other year and I would be very afraid of this but this draft is stacked
and, as talented as he has proven to be, he just doesn't have a physique that looks ready to handle an NBA schedule

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom