Ennis Nba tidbit | Syracusefan.com

Ennis Nba tidbit

Hopefully it's true. One of the guys responded to his tweet and said that a family friend of Ennis' said that his family expects him to declare.

grant goes, ennis stays. been my feeling since day 1 and im sticking to it.
Ennis could use another year. Grant on the other hand just needs to bulk up over the summer and develop a jump shot at some point and he'll be a very very good player.

I don't think it really is a surprise. With the slow pace that Ennis likes to play at, coupled with his relatively tiny frame, I don't think he is ready for NBA play.

Will have a lot of young and inexperienced forwards playing a lot of minutes next year! It would be tremendous to have an experienced top flight pg to guide them! I'm sure McCollough wouldn't mind Ennis back!

Besides getting a little stronger, working on his outside shot and his transition game, I think he can look around and see that if Emmanuel Mudiay is the only lottery competition at PG right now in 2015, that he would take that.

With that said, I feel like if you are lottery, you should go, but I'd love to have him back and I think he could crack the top 5 if he stays one more year.

Last edited:
Besides getting a little stronger, working on his outside shot and his transition game, I think he can look around and see that if Emmanuel Mudiay is the only lottery competition at PG right now in 2015, I'll take that.

With that said, I feel like if you are lottery, you should go, but I'd love to have him back and I think he could crack the top 5 if he stays one more year.
Dante Exum would like a word with you.

If Grant and Ennis are back next year I expect we are even better than this year. Its hard to conceive now that we are so good this year but things have been lining up for a huge 14/15 season for a while now.

tyler's game imo has dropped back a gear since all this NBA draft talk started. don't really know if it's the added weight of scrutiny or if finally all the minutes are taking a toll. either way he'll have a big decision to make this spring but i hope he can keep his head clear til the finish line.

Ennis could use another year. Grant on the other hand just needs to bulk up over the summer and develop a jump shot at some point and he'll be a very very good player.

I actually see it the opposite way. I think Ennis is more or less a finished product. Whether that makes him Doc Rivers or Kendall Marshall remains to be seen. Either way, I'm not sure sticking around in college helps him. Grant would benefit from a year of being The Guy, where he has to adjust to being the focus of the defense. He could work on developing a more consistent jump shot as well.

mike or henry?

tumblr_lp32i4YnIO1qay78vo1_400.jpg

I actually see it the opposite way. I think Ennis is more or less a finished product. Whether that makes him Doc Rivers or Kendall Marshall remains to be seen. Either way, I'm not sure sticking around in college helps him. Grant would benefit from a year of being The Guy, where he has to adjust to being the focus of the defense. He could work on developing a more consistent jump shot as well.
The primary benefit I see for Ennis is getting physically stronger so that when he does get to the NBA and has to endure the rigors of an 82 game season against those freakish athletes and huge bodies, he's able to take the beating a little better. And if he can improve his jumper in the process that's a bonus.

Might just be better for him to put off the enormous wear and tear an NBA schedule can have to make his career last longer simply because he's more ready to handle the physical punishment.

He's Maurice Cheeks if any of you guys are old enough to know who that is.

He's Maurice Cheeks if any of you guys are old enough to know who that is.
I'm not old enough to remember but that's the exact comparison my dad (a former college coach) makes.

I don't see ennis as near a finished product. I think he's great, no question, but he's got holes.

First, he really struggles to finish in transition. He's missed a ton of contested breakaway layups this year, way more than MCW ever did. Second, his 3 ball is decent but under utilized. Third, he's just not strong right now. That may not change a ton in a year, but he will be stronger a year from now.

I get leaving while his stock is high, but unless he gets minutes on a bad team right away, he won't be learning a lot int the nba. If he rides the bench anywhere. People say they'll learn more when basketball is their job, but the reality is, nba teams just dont practice much. I heard there was one stretch this year where the celtics didn't have a practice for 3 weeks. How can a young kid who's not playing ever hope to get better in that world?

A month ago I thought he was a lock to leave, but his play has trailed off since then, and his weaknesses are coming more in to focus. I would still bet on him leaving, but I wouldn't be shocked if he came back.

@AlexKennedyNBA: Surprisingly, a number of scouts are saying that Tyler Ennis is strongly considering a return to Syracuse for his sophomore year.

selfishly i hope its true...

realistically, if he is considered a top 10 pick at the end of the season - i hope he goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom