Ennis = Pearl | Syracusefan.com

Ennis = Pearl

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
I was born in 85, earliest memories of rooting for Cuse football and bball are ~1990... Pearl is the legend for me. Never saw him live, but he was bigger than life through the stories you hear.

Ennis is well on his way to achieving that status. My son is 6.5 weeks old and has yet to see a loss in football or basketball (14-0). I can't wait to relive last nights game with him years down the road. When I walk into the dome with him, I'll show him pictures of Ennis and tell him how magical he was.

He will grow up thinking Ennis is the legend.

Ennis has played 24 regular season games. Me thinks the legend will grow.

I was born in 85, earliest memories of rooting for Cuse football and bball are ~1990... Pearl is the legend for me. Never saw him live, but he was bigger than life through the stories you hear.

Ennis is well on his way to achieving that status. My son is 6.5 weeks old and has yet to see a loss in football or basketball (14-0). I can't wait to relive last nights game with him years down the road. When I walk into the dome with him, I'll show him pictures of Ennis and tell him how magical he was.

He will grow up thinking Ennis is the legend.

Ennis has played 24 regular season games. Me thinks the legend will grow.

Last night my 13 year old said to me (after we jumped, screamed and hugged for about 15 seconds)

"Dad now I know how you felt when Pealr hit that shot"

This came up in my house last night. Im 45 and my son is 24. He was home last night watching the game with his mother and I. After the initial screaming and yelling I sat back down on the couch, looked around and said "Pearl's shot was better". My son looked at my wife and said "how come everything was better when dad was a kid"? I just laughed. Im glad he will have a legendary play/shot to pass onto my grandkids one day.

This came up in my house last night. Im 45 and my son is 24. He was home last night watching the game with his mother and I. After the initial screaming and yelling I sat back down on the couch, looked around and said "Pearl's shot was better". My son looked at my wife and said "how come everything was better when dad was a kid"? I just laughed. Im glad he will have a legendary play/shot to pass onto my grandkids one day.

Ha, I still think Pearls was better too! This was amazing however.

Pearl validated the program in the early years of the BE. Due to intangibles like that, I don't think ennis can pass pearl. If he stayed 3 years, he would pass sherm on the all time list, but likely leaving after 1 year will keep him as the 3rd greatest SU point guard of my lifetime.

Wherever he ends up on anyone's list, he's officially an all timer at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom