Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Ennis

RF2044

Living Legend
There is no doubt in my mind that some of the subtlety of his game will be lost upon some posters--especially those who were writing him off after the first game--but I believe we are witnessing greatness at lead guard.

He certainly isn't the world class pound-for-pound athlete that Flynn was.

He doesn't have the difference making size that MCW did.

But this kid is something special to watch. His lead guard aptitude is off the charts.

#greatness

the kid flat out gets it. If we need him to score he will. If we need a steal, he'll get it. If he needs to find the open guy, he does. I also think that he has big time quickness that allows him to either drive to the hoop or make some steals.

In the limited action I'd seen of him last year I figured he'd be poised, under control, etc, not one to dominate but at least hold his own. He's shown a lot more ability as a scorer than I had imagined, and frankly, has been a dominant player in Maui. Does not look like a kid who's playing his 7th collegiate game.

senorpalmer said:
A great complement from Bilas in his comparison of Ennis to Doc Rivers.
If he keeps running the point like he is now you can kiss him bye bye after the season.

A great complement from Bilas in his comparison of Ennis to Doc Rivers.

That's the best comparison I've seen yet.

Still wish he could finish better. Really nice floor game, though.

I just don't understand how he wasn't the top ranked point guard coming out of highschool. It's like you couldn't put together a playing style better suited to being a point guard. Just awesome.

I just don't understand how he wasn't the top ranked point guard coming out of highschool. It's like you couldn't put together a playing style better suited to being a point guard. Just awesome.
I think a lot of it is people getting really excited about flashy play and using that as a standard of great play. You won't see that from Ennis, just all the things this thread has talked about. We are so lucky to have him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom