Eric Dungey, one of the toughest Orangemen of all time... | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey, one of the toughest Orangemen of all time...

Seems like just yesterday he was lighting it up against Wake once Terrell Hunt went down for the season and we were all sky high on his future. You could tell he “had it” right from the first time watching him.

And just think -- he's had roughly the equivalent of a full season taken away due to injuries.

No telling what he might have accomplished if he'd been healthy more than one season. I honestly believe he would have led us to at least one bowl, possibly two up to this point. Late season collapses might have been avoided, etc.

He has some holes in his game, but he is a lot of fun to watch.

Yup Eric and the pride of Depew Ny, Buffalo Bill Hurley the two toughest sob’s to ever play at SU

And just think -- he's had roughly the equivalent of a full season taken away due to injuries.

No telling what he might have accomplished if he'd been healthy more than one season. I honestly believe he would have led us to at least one bowl, possibly two up to this point. Late season collapses might have been avoided, etc.

He has some holes in his game, but he is a lot of fun to watch.

Last years team was absolutely a bowl quality team through 9 games while Eric was playing.

Bad luck, and a brutal schedule kept the record from really showing it.

dungey, joe morris imho, the toughest of them all

I’m sure there’s a lot of less visible players that you’d have to be on the team with to know how tough they were.

But Dan Conley and Marvin Graves are high on my list from what I know and saw. For Conley to keep coming back after that many knee surgeries and to play with such obvious effort and intensity was something else. And Graves would regularly sacrifice his body and get absolutely blasted and pitch it at the last second or hang in the pocket while throwing the ball downfield and taking big hits. He was not an especially big guy either.

I’m sure there’s a lot of less visible players that you’d have to be on the team with to know how tough they were.

But Dan Conley and Marvin Graves are high on my list from what I know and saw. For Conley to keep coming back after that many knee surgeries and to play with such obvious effort and intensity was something else. And Graves would regularly sacrifice his body and get absolutely blasted and pitch it at the last second or hang in the pocket while throwing the ball downfield and taking big hits. He was not an especially big guy either.
is dan still coaching somewhere

Conley will always have a place in my heart. I've had multiple surgeries and it's so hard to keep bouncing back when you get knocked down but at least mine were a variety. To keep having the same injury type - I can't even imagine what it takes to keep coming back from that.

I remember the first pass I ever saw Dungey throw. It was at the fan fest scrimmage before his freshman year. He took the snap, and turned to his right, and threw a dart to the wr on the sideline for a screen. As soon as he threw it, it looked different than anything I had seen the last 15 years. It was sharp, and accurate. We had had so many bad QB's that I forgot what it was supposed to look like.

Very fitting that he karate kicked a defender in his last game at the Dome.

I don’t even care if it was reckless. Three things that I will remember Dungey by:

1). Helping Dino lead our resurgence back to a strong football program.

2). One of the toughest QB’s I’ve ever seen. Tebow level grit.

3). Flying knees to the face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom