Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA

They actually did talk about him when they mentioned ACC QBs.

Why is anyone surprised he didn't get a mention? Are you all wearing orange colored glasses? He is not a prototypical NFL qb and does not have the elite athleticism that makes teams wanna take a chance on him.

Just like McNabb was viewed better than a number of qb's in passing friendly systems that put up better numbers than him, Dungey will not get the benefit of the doubt because of his numbers.

What Dungey did for our program was great. He was a huge part of us coming back and will always bw remembered fondly for it. But just like Marvin Graves his game does not translate well enough to the NFL to get him drafted. And that's fine. We've had a lot of really good players that weren't pros (he may still be one), some of them were some of my favorites.

Why is anyone surprised he didn't get a mention? Are you all wearing orange colored glasses? He is not a prototypical NFL qb and does not have the elite athleticism that makes teams wanna take a chance on him.

Just like McNabb was viewed better than a number of qb's in passing friendly systems that put up better numbers than him, Dungey will not get the benefit of the doubt because of his numbers.

What Dungey did for our program was great. He was a huge part of us coming back and will always bw remembered fondly for it. But just like Marvin Graves his game does not translate well enough to the NFL to get him drafted. And that's fine. We've had a lot of really good players that weren't pros (he may still be one), some of them were some of my favorites.

It’s not that he didn’t get drafted. It’s who did get drafted.

Yeah, crazy that we’d believe he could be good enough and that we might be biased. Lol. Of course we see him through orange colored glasses. Dude brought them back into prominence. Wear mine with pride

Yeah, crazy that we’d believe he could be good enough and that we might be biased. Lol. Of course we see him through orange colored glasses. Dude brought them back into prominence. Wear mine with pride
I mean it’s pretty hard to say Dungey is better than Jones when they have similar # of attempts, and Dungey has better comp %, more yards passing, more yards rushing, more touchdowns passing, more touchdowns running, same interceptions.

All the while he played with approximately 0 offensive NFL draft picks, against a schedule that featured a heavy dose of Clemson, Lamar Jackson’s cardinals, Jimbo’s Seminoles, and the Irish.

But Jones has prototypical size you say. Good point since Dungey is only 6’4” 220lbs and runs a 4.7 forty (with arm strength that seems at least equal to Jones.)

But Jones is a smart and a great leader and played for a great QB coach. Dungey is a finance / accounting major with eyes on Wall Street who was groomed by the guy who coached the highest paid QB in the NFL. Lastly I think Dungey’s leadership speaks for itself.

All those are pretty subjective things that only an orange fan could see.

Clearly

I'm not being sarcastic or a wiseguy here, honestly if I were him he should seriously consider Canada or rest up and wait for the XFL.

I don't see him as an NFL player (at any position) but if he wants to continue to play and earn a living at it those are 2 avenues to do it where he will have a legit shot

I mean it’s pretty hard to say Dungey is better than Jones when they have similar # of attempts, and Dungey has better comp %, more yards passing, more yards rushing, more touchdowns passing, more touchdowns running, same interceptions.

All the while he played with approximately 0 offensive NFL draft picks, against a schedule that featured a heavy dose of Clemson, Lamar Jackson’s cardinals, Jimbo’s Seminoles, and the Irish.

But Jones has prototypical size you say. Good point since Dungey is only 6’4” 220lbs and runs a 4.7 forty (with arm strength that seems at least equal to Jones.)

But Jones is a smart and a great leader and played for a great QB coach. Dungey is a finance / accounting major with eyes on Wall Street who was groomed by the guy who coached the highest paid QB in the NFL. Lastly I think Dungey’s leadership speaks for itself.

All those are pretty subjective things that only an orange fan could see.

Clearly
Holy crap. My vote for best post of 2019!

With all that he has accomplished, I am also offended that we haven’t heard of him getting an UFA offer. The guy carried the team 10 games this season. I just don’t see some of the later draft picks that much better than Eric Dungey. I know he dealt with some inconsistencies, but the positives outweigh the negatives. Here is to hoping some team gives him a chance and we see him play in the preseason.

With all that he has accomplished, I am also offended that we haven’t heard of him getting an UFA offer. The guy carried the team 10 games this season. I just don’t see some of the later draft picks that much better than Eric Dungey. I know he dealt with some inconsistencies, but the positives outweigh the negatives. Here is to hoping some team gives him a chance and we see him play in the preseason.

He may have more offers than the others and is considering his options still.

He may have more offers than the others and is considering his options still.
oh that makes sense. he didn't get drafted but he is in a position as an undrafted free agent to pick and choose. i cant believe no one else had thought of it that way.

oh that makes sense. he didn't get drafted but he is in a position as an undrafted free agent to pick and choose. i cant believe no one else had thought of it that way.

Happens with a lot of players. Multiple teams offer to bring a kid in as a FA. Then they weigh the money and the competition.

Your offended? How can you, personally, be offended by something that is happening to someone else?

Honestly with the concussions he has had I kind of hope he hangs it up and becomes president or something. Turn the page

...and what is SU’s record with Dungey as the starter? Most of our 2017 and 2016 losses happened when Dungey was out. The kid just wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom