Ernie Davis new mural in Elmira | Syracusefan.com

Ernie Davis new mural in Elmira

That’s officially the nicest thing in Elmira.

Elbow Room would be in competition tho! Best bar food (plus) around, wings and homemade blue cheese are on point.

That mural is gorgeous, might even tempt me to make a trip into Elmira.

Still lots of good ppl in that town but damn did the 72 flood change the entire trajectory of that city!

Elbow Room would be in competition tho! Best bar food (plus) around, wings and homemade blue cheese are on point.

Still lots of good ppl in that town but damn did the 72 flood change the entire trajectory of that city!
Curious how the flood (result of remnants of hurricane??) changed the trajectory. As part of college I spent three weeks in Elmira doing surveys of the impact.

I always wondered why we didn't have Ernie entering our quad as opposed to Sacco and Vanzetti.

Curious how the flood (result of remnants of hurricane??) changed the trajectory. As part of college I spent three weeks in Elmira doing surveys of the impact.

Yes, hurricane Agnes.

I was born 12 years after the flood so my comment is based mostly on the prevailing thought of folks in this area.

I think the thought is amplified by what happened in Corning (Elmira’s “twin city”) after the flood. Corning went from an industrial city before the flood and was rebuilt into a tourist destination afterwards.

From what I know, before the flood, Elmira was a vibrant city but it suffered the most damage from the flood - $300M worth in 1972! Now it is the industrial town, only the industry isn’t manufacturing, it is prisons. Two of them, and it has brought a plague of locusts that are slowly eating up the city.

I love the Elbow Room and would do anything to pick it up and relocate it to Syracuse. Used to really love Bernie Murray’s too but haven’t been in a few years so not sure if it’s as good as it was.

This is really spectacular and we need some images like this around campus. Dome adornment!?
Absolutely. This artist would be at top my list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom