Ernie Davis shoutout | Syracusefan.com

Ernie Davis shoutout

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
790 the zone in Atlanta was talking about best all star football team consisting of movie characters.

Started with qb's as there was a recent article ranking the best of all time. Hence the segment.

Went to lb'ers because it was a pretty incredible list of movie characters. LT, BOBBY BOUSHAY, and 2 others. Don't remember off the top of my head but it sounded great. I would have added icebox to the list. I know they didnt have her in their 'dream team'

Then went to rb's. the host John Michaels basically said the list started and ended with Ernie Davis "from the Ernie Davis movie"

His cohost tried arguing that u can't take a guy "basically from a biography" but that didnt matter. The host wanted him and booby miles on his team.

Not sure who I'd pick for Qb... Think you gotta go with Willie Beaman over Sunshine and Shane Falco.

Not sure who I'd pick for Qb... Think you gotta go with Willie Beaman over Sunshine and Shane Falco.

kurt russell was #1 in the article they were talking about iirc.

Darnell Jefferson from The Program... TON of upside plus a special teams whiz bang to reference Bud. Speed for days. If you're a football fan and haven't seen this movie, it's a must.

I would have to go with Paul crewe, and I'm talking about the Burt Reynolds version, at QB. That guy knew how to lead after dealing with some internal struggles. Steamin Willie Beamon wold be number two. Lance (the original QB from varsity blues) would be three- Johnny mox couldn't hold lance's jock.

I would have to go with Paul crewe, and I'm talking about the Burt Reynolds version, at QB. That guy knew how to lead after dealing with some internal struggles. Steamin Willie Beamon wold be number two. Lance (the original QB from varsity blues) would be three- Johnny mox couldn't hold lance's jock.

Recruiting services knew to, Lance committed to FSU early and Mox was getting looked at by Brown

Gotta go Joe Kane over Sunshine ... the guy was a Heisman candidate. "Lets put the women and children to bed and go lookin for supper ... "

Also what about Charles Jefferson ... after seeing his car get totaled he eclipsed All-American status ... ranked right up there with Gerry Bertier.

You wanna win? Let (pre-ACL) Boobie spin.

Best Fictional Girlfriend: Bobby Boucher's Vicki

waterboy-movie-still-1.jpg

Not sure about that ... I mean a 62 yard FG is just a chip shot for Gruff ...

Nigel is one of my favorite movie characters of all time, not just football guys.

"You could smell the stink all the way back in Wales"

Nigel is one of my favorite movie characters of all time, not just football guys.

"You could smell the stink all the way back in Wales"

LOL .. that movie cracks me up.

Wow, I need football season to start, nothing like theorizing fictional characters gridiron worth.

I think Wes Welker modeled his life after Tweeter so things could be worse. Or better now that I think of Wes' life.

Darnell Jefferson from The Program... TON of upside plus a special teams whiz bang to reference Bud. Speed for days. If you're a football fan and haven't seen this movie, it's a must.
haha throw lattimer in the mix

gotta include demetrius harris from playmakers at RB too

gotta include demetrius harris from playmakers at RB too

Really liked that show, I didn't realize til I just looked that it aired in '03, man I'm getting old.

Really liked that show, I didn't realize til I just looked that it aired in '03, man I'm getting old.
wish the NFL wasn't a bunch of pussies and made ESPN cancel it

You guys want a good linebacker? It begins and ends with Becky "Icebox" O'Shea.

Underrated football QB, by the way? Levander "Bird" Williams.

Birds the man to call about your home electronics needs as well.