Escape From Danneamora | Syracusefan.com

Escape From Danneamora

Jables

Scout Team
Did anyone watch it? I thought the first episode was well done. Arquette and del Toro are very good.

do the inmates get showtime ? let's not give them any ideas...

Did anyone watch it? I thought the first episode was well done. Arquette and del Toro are very good.
If everything that happened in episode one is 100% true, then our prison system is an absolute joke. Once you get past how crazy some things are then you can appreciate how believable the actors are in their roles.

richard matt scared the hell out of me . . . but then his ending was so disappointing

benicio is doing an excellent job so far

but, yes, episode 2 was not great television

I’m not trying to be mean, but the sex scenes...I just can’t do it. The second she spit in the first sex scene in ep. 1, I was hitting fast forward. I don’t want to see that woman get down like that.

If everything that happened in episode one is 100% true, then our prison system is an absolute joke. Once you get past how crazy some things are then you can appreciate how believable the actors are in their roles.
Read the Attorney Generals report. A lot of what was in it was in the first episode. A LOT of things have changed in the system since then

Read the Attorney Generals report. A lot of what was in it was in the first episode. A LOT of things have changed in the system since then

As expected.

I think it's really well put together. The actors are all likable, and Ben Stiller might have a good future in directing.

I listened to an interview with him and Arquette, they even talked about her sex scenes. She readily acknowledged that you don't see her body type and age doing those, etc. But they kept it real.

Stiller said a lot of the locals up there while they were shooting, put up signs that said, go home Ben.

I watched the first 3 episodes and they got progressively worse.

Episodes 2 & 3 are SLOOOOOWWW. And I'm sick of Stiller's slow-mo scenes and transition shots. I get it - its' cold and desolate up there.

But to me the graphic carnal scenes are ruining it. And it's not because Arquette is portraying an overweight middle aged woman. The first one or two were shocking and gritty and served a purpose.

The last incident with Matt and Tilly had an obnoxious sound effect when he removed his hand from below her waist. My wife and I looked at each other asking if that was a sound effect or something else.

Out of morbid curiosity I re-wound the brief scene and sure enough a clearly audible sound effect can be heard the moment Matt pulls his hand back.

The shark has been jumped but I expect (hope) it improves as they get closer to the actual escape.

this would have made a great 2 part movie, maybe 1.5 hours each. the decision to stretch it out over 7 episodes & 6 hours is proving to be a flawed one, imo.

this would have made a great 2 part movie, maybe 1.5 hours each. the decision to stretch it out over 7 episodes & 6 hours is proving to be a flawed one, imo.

Thanks. These last couple posts saved me some time.

Let me know when they escape, and I’ll watch from that point on. Thanks.

Jesus could they have made a more ridiculous caricature of a upstate middle aged woman?
How ridiculous
Just catching up now but my god

Thanks. These last couple posts saved me some time.

Let me know when they escape, and I’ll watch from that point on. Thanks.

Looks like you’ll want to watch next week’s episode.

Sunday’s episode took place in May so I’m guessing next week will be June (i.e. when they bust out).

Curious on others conclusions? Thought it was very good. Yeah it could've been condensed, but didn't think I wasted my time, like so many other series. Thought the acting was very good.

Curious on others conclusions? Thought it was very good. Yeah it could've been condensed, but didn't think I wasted my time, like so many other series. Thought the acting was very good.
I haven't seen the last episode yet, but the acting was excellent. Episodes 2-4 were too slow.
Stiller waited to episode 6 to show what monsters they are/were.

The accents were ridiculous and made them sound like they’re slow. The sex scenes were revolting. The series was boring. IMO.

As I thought...I mainly only enjoyed them being on the run. I would’ve liked to see multiple episodes of that. Condense the love triangle and escape plan.

I thought the series was great overall, but too many s e x scenes with Tilly, good lord. In addition, why the Minnesota accents in Upstate NY am I missing something here?
Lol it was reminiscent of Fargo

The accents were ridiculous and made them sound like they’re slow. The s e x scenes were revolting. The series was boring. IMO.

As I thought...I mainly only enjoyed them being on the run. I would’ve liked to see multiple episodes of that. Condense the love triangle and escape plan.

It's so funny because I was talking about it with my buddies and even if Tilly was attractive the sex scenes were overdone, why continue to go back? It was really ridiculous, after 1 with each prisoner we all get the point. I mean the one in the woods in the flashback scene? Really? are you kidding me?

I will say I kinda felt bad for Paul dano’s Character. I know I shouldn’t but the other dude was such a phck up he could’ve made it on his own.

I was amazed they were allowed to film in the north yard at Dannemora. I’ve been there (as an employee.. just to clarify) , and it was one of the harriest places I have ever been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom