ESPN CFB Future Power Rankings | Syracusefan.com

ESPN CFB Future Power Rankings

Cuse12

All Conference

They can go kick rocks.

I could give a rats ass what anyone thinks !
You watch pre game shows and they can’t predict who will win or if it will be high or low scoring let alone pick how a season will go in June ! These pre season picks are just a money making farce to rile fans up either way !
We have a nice storm forming if we stay healthy we will make a statement this year !
And you can take that to the bank !

You watch pre game shows and they can’t predict who will win or if it will be high or low scoring let alone pick how a season will go in June ! These pre season picks are just a money making farce to rile fans up either way !
We have a nice storm forming if we stay healthy we will make a statement this year !
If i can take it to the bank can i pay my bills with it?:p

I know you’re more knowledgeable of the O, but has anything been mentioned of Ruff’s and Black’s progress this off season? I can’t help but think they’re our dark horse performers for the team this year. Jonathan’s already a proven commodity.

Tommy loves both of them
We already have 2 off the best DE in the country and a very very good secondary
Sure our LBs are a little green but they have talent and with the fore mentioned strengths on D it will help them . A huge boost will be our coaching staff has another year under there belt especially offensively we had first year guys . We have more talent on both sides of the ball iron sharpens iron

I don't have espn +, but I have a feeling these "future power rankings" aren't what they predict for this season, but rather the next 3 or 5 seasons, or whatever arbitrary number they're using. I'd guess they compile recruiting rankings among other things to come up with a formula. Not a poll i'm going to lose sleep over.

Only two ACC schools on the list. Surprised FSU based on heritage. Certainly seems there should be another one or two but I guess they just couldn’t coalesce on the top candidates.

Syracuse University football will prove its future ranking(s) in the only place that matters, on the field. Coach Babers and his staff is assembling something that is being built to last. Each recruiting class will build onto the next. It began last season and will continue this season and beyond. The ACC will be ruled by the Kings of the North, one game at a time. Go Orange!!!!!

Looks to me like they out the obvious 2 best teams at the top, pulled a bunch of traditional powers out of a hat and sprinkled in a couple current media darlings. Totally useless list IMO
Seriously.

The 1st 2 are a coin flip and the next 15 might as well just been pulled out of the NBA lottery ping pong ball system.

Then add Miami.

And throw in crap to make it 25 while leaving off Syracuse to frustrate and anger their media folks and social media mafia...a very large and strong following...for click bait.

I’m sold and convinced that Syracuse is back in the top 25, as long as Dino is here.

If Tommy kills it this year and comes back, we are Top 10 next year and the Clemson game will again be early so the ACC could possibly put 2 in the F4.

Book it...

Seriously.

The 1st 2 are a coin flip and the next 15 might as well just been pulled out of the NBA lottery ping pong ball system.

Then add Miami.

And throw in crap to make it 25 while leaving off Syracuse to frustrate and anger their media folks and social media mafia...a very large and strong following...for click bait.

I’m sold and convinced that Syracuse is back in the top 25, as long as Dino is here.

If Tommy kills it this year and comes back, we are Top 10 next year and the Clemson game will again be early so the ACC could possibly put 2 in the F4.

Book it...
Helllllllll yeah ! One of the biggest reasons I told tommy to consider cuse was the fact that there is nothing like being part of a revival , to re energize a city ! You just saw it in Toronto
And St. Louis. Syracuse is ready , I’m ready it was all part of the plan ! It’s gonna happen I promise u !

Helllllllll yeah ! One of the biggest reasons I told tommy to consider cuse was the fact that there is nothing like being part of a revival , to re energize a city ! You just saw it in Toronto
And St. Louis. Syracuse is ready , I’m ready it was all part of the plan ! It’s gonna happen I promise u !

Yep you can go to a big school and have a nice career and just be one of many or you can turn a program around and become a legend.

I hope he’s already seeing it. More casual fans are talking about football than i’ve Seen/heard in last 20 years

The ACC conference has to do better only two schools on the list! I pretty much have a feeling Syracuse was left off the list because they might think that Dino babers if he has another good year will leave. If he stays we will play our way onto that list no doubt about it and the sky's the limit for this program

Only two ACC schools on the list. Surprised FSU based on heritage. Certainly seems there should be another one or two but I guess they just couldn’t coalesce on the top candidates.
F$U has major reconstruction issues they are dealing with right now, and I think the writers realize this. Their OL was beyond terrible and they won't be worth discussing until they resolve the issues there. We are very glad to be playing them this year and not a couple of years down the road.

Miami? Their main (only?) advantage over us this year is that the game is in Florida. They fired a HC that was offense-oriented and brought in one who is defense oriented. How will that affect their offense?

Last edited:
The ACC conference has to do better only two schools on the list! I pretty much have a feeling Syracuse was left off the list because they might think that Dino babers if he has another good year will leave. If he stays we will play our way onto that list no doubt about it and the sky's the limit for this program

The quality of the programs in the ACC are elite.

Don't worry, Florida State, Louisville, Virginia Tech and Miami will all be "back" sooner than we will appreciate.

I see no way we aren’t in top 15 at years end. Damn straight that it’s better restarting something than being a number. Big improvement from both sides of the ball especially defense. We can do big things this year. Next question is how do we handle playing big teams when we have a great chance at winning all the games and don’t be fooled, we have a chance to win a very game we play. Will we, maybe and maybe not. I am so jacked for this season. Beer thirty let’s go.

F$U has major reconstruction issues they are dealing with right now, and I think the writers realize this. Their OL was beyond terrible and they won't be worth discussing until they resolve the issues there. We are very glad to be playing them this year and not a couple of years down the road.

Miami? Their main (only?) advantage over us this year is that the game is in Florida. They fired a HC that was offense-oriented and brought in one who is defense oriented. How will that affect their offense?

The advantage for FSU is that the new system is fundamentally the same as SU and Clemson. This flexibility on offense will allow them to mask some deficiencies and to win games by year's end. Next year, they should see a marked improvement, assuming they progress at roughly the same pace as SU. Sadly, they have better "stores" in their cupboard than SU had when HCDB arrived.

The advantage for FSU is that the new system is fundamentally the same as SU and Clemson. This flexibility on offense will allow them to mask some deficiencies and to win games by year's end. Next year, they should see a marked improvement, assuming they progress at roughly the same pace as SU. Sadly, they have better "stores" in their cupboard than SU had when HCDB arrived.
If F$U pulls another 2018 then Willie might not be around for 2020.

If F$U pulls another 2018 then Willie might not be around for 2020.
I can live with that. Regardless, HCDB has SU primed to be Clemson's main competition.

Syracuse University football will prove its future ranking(s) in the only place that matters, on the field. Coach Babers and his staff is assembling something that is being built to last. Each recruiting class will build onto the next. It began last season and will continue this season and beyond. The ACC will be ruled by the Kings of the North, one game at a time. Go Orange!!!!!
My only regret is that the last season of Game of Thrones was terrible.

To think we have Kingsley Jonathan ready in the wait too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom