ESPN Coverage of Conference Move = FLOP | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Coverage of Conference Move = FLOP

Faegan

All Conference
Is this to protect their "flagship" brand... the SEC? Pathetic.

care to elaborate for those of us at work?

There's absolutely nothing on ESPN's frontpage and there was no mention on Mike and Mike this morning that I heard.

Is this to protect their "flagship" brand... the SEC? Pathetic.
I haven't even seen what you're talking about but if it's like anything else on that station then it's propaganda. You guys couldn't have expected any real coverage on ESPN could you? The SEC machine is alive and well.

There's absolutely nothing on ESPN's frontpage and there was no mention on Mike and Mike this morning that I heard.
My take is that this is something that is not really news in that the realignment coverage has been very in depth and the decisions were made long ago. While it is official today, for non-cuse fans it's just something that has been a given for a very long time. How many times have they interviewed Boeheim about the change of conference etc ? many many times - this has been covered in depth. I would think it's worth a mention on sports center, but this is not like the inauguration after the election - the news came along time ago on this and today is just a legal formality. Was the level of coverage different for Miami and VT however many years ago?

That said, I'm very excited for the transition it should be an interesting couple of years for fans.

Reactions: 007
I haven't even seen what you're talking about but if it's like anything else on that station then it's propaganda. You guys couldn't have expected any real coverage on ESPN could you? The SEC machine is alive and well.

Just pointing out that there is literally no coverage at all. SEC machine alive and well, indeed.

And here is all I was expecting on the ACC blog on ESPN.com:

Welcome Cuse and Pitt! You'll see that your logos have been added to the Right Nav Bar... Enjoy!

And here is all I was expecting on the ACC blog on ESPN.com:

Welcome Cuse and Pitt! You'll see that your logos have been added to the Right Nav Bar... Enjoy!
Yea the blog is not great either.

There is a press conference at 2 - it would make more sense to report after that I would think.

All due respect, but why should we expect extensive coverage about this situation? As others have said its not like this announcement was made last week but almost 2 years ago. I don't remember other realignment due dates getting wall-to-wall coverage on the WWL...so why should we? :noidea:

images

personally im as excited as a pig in shlit, but with all due respect...who really gives a flying F?? its just a date on a calendar.

lets hope our entree check doesnt bounce for i want to start cashing theirs ASAP!!!

this is a hoop move which saved football.

when dook and unc show up in the Dome this winter...

humina humina humina...yeah...i doubt espn ignores that.

Oh Lord

Tend to agree with DB...

The news of this announcement was made 2 years ago. July 1st just made official what the entire world knew was coming. Not sure what you would expect them to report on.

Non story = no coverage = common sense.

SEC football = best in the nation (by far) = exceptional ESPN coverage = common sense.

I find it hard to believe that ESPN has a vested interested in trying to slight, real or imagined, SU fans.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

All due respect, but why should we expect extensive coverage about this situation? As others have said its not like this announcement was made last week but almost 2 years ago. I don't remember other realignment due dates getting wall-to-wall coverage on the WWL...so why should we? :noidea:

images

Scroll up... I don't think my clarified expectations are all that demanding... our logo added + "Welcome."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom