ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game

Stern

All American
IF Syracuse beats Virginia and then Wagner and is 5-0 when we play NC State, ESPN Gameday needs to be in Syracuse.

For real, it's time!

NC State is gonna beat Texas Tech today they have a healthy lead at the half, they got UCONN that's a win. Then they have Clemson and FSU. Even if they split those two and just have 1 loss. Still an unbeaten SU vs a 1 loss NC State...make it happen.

On that day you have USC-Utah, Penn St-Michigan, and Mississippi St-Kentucky. I know SU-NC State won't be the biggest game but that show goes to those schools all the time.

GIVE US A DAY!! If we are 5-0 give us ESPN Gameday on campus!

IF Syracuse beats Virginia and then Wagner and is 5-0 when we play NC State, ESPN Gameday needs to be in Syracuse.

For real, it's time!

NC State is gonna beat Texas Tech today they have a healthy lead at the half, they got UCONN that's a win. Then they have Clemson and FSU. Even if they split those two and just have 1 loss. Still an unbeaten SU vs a 1 loss NC State...make it happen.

On that day you have USC-Utah, Penn St-Michigan, and Mississippi St-Kentucky. I know SU-NC State won't be the biggest game but that show goes to those schools all the time.

GIVE US A DAY!! If we are 5-0 give us ESPN Gameday on campus!
after the last time I thought we were going the way of fightclub on this subject

Tucker is not out of his element.
Half the fan base may disagree with you. Personally I think it’s a combination of things and hoping most of it can be remedied somehow.

Half the fan base may disagree with you. Personally I think it’s a combination of things and hoping most of it can be remedied somehow.

Then I guess half the fan base wasn't seeing what Purdue was doing on D or that the response was to leverage him more in the passing game where Garrett missed him on swing routes and wheel routes.

Purdues D line and LBs had very good gap discipline when focused on Tucker. On the outside runs they took great angles and cut off cutback lanes he likes to use.

As I already noted they were giving Shrader lanes on the Read Option as well.

If Tucker hadn't mishandled the one pitch that had homerun written all over it and the wheel route throws were on point you probably wouldn't have much to say about it because his yardage numbers would have been way up.

I will give you one thing be it football or hoops it's always a litany of complaints no matter what the end result.

Maybe, but the other half of the fanbase that actually understands the game realizes that teams are game planning to limit Tucker's effectiveness and are keying on him on every play. Dino even said as much in his presser. Teams are keying so much on Tucker that faking to him is opening up opportunities for big plays.

Blaming Tucker is stupid, the offensive line is obviously under performing in rush blocking situations, the kid has zero room its ridiculous

The OL could be better. They also got some good film to work from going up against a stout dline especially when it comes to against the run.

Then I guess half the fan base wasn't seeing what Purdue was doing on D or that the response was to leverage him more in the passing game where Garrett missed him on swing routes and wheel routes.

Purdues D line and LBs had very good gap discipline when focused on Tucker. On the outside runs they took great angles and cut off cutback lanes he likes to use.

As I already noted they were giving Shrader lanes on the Read Option as well.

If Tucker hadn't mishandled the one pitch that had homerun written all over it and the wheel route throws were on point you probably wouldn't have much to say about it because his yardage numbers would have been way up.

I will give you one thing be it football or hoops it's always a litany of complaints no matter what the end result.
I disagree. That play was coming right at me. It looked like a short gain. The defense had a good angle on the play.

Speaking of the nitpickers. We are 3 games in, all against FBS opponents (albeit UConn is more FCS at the moment) and we have 6 takeaways and 0 giveaways.

Today penalties by Purdue helped seal that number to 0 but it still stands as is. Shraders arm was going forward, the Purdue DB did interfere and GS saw that Tuck was tackled and had a free play.

I guess they would have to set up in the dome in mid October. I don’t know how it would work.

I disagree. That play was coming right at me. It looked like a short gain. The defense had a good angle on the play.

I'll have to rewatch it but the defense looked to be closing too hard on it and Tuck only needed to use that momentum against them and space was right there.

And if so- that alone doesn't really change my point to be fair. Haven't seen replay yet.

F gameday.
Seriously, the last time this came up we died in Maryland.

I dont care about this stupid show on this stupid fugazi network that invents news. Let's just win games. If one of the 5000 Syracuse grads at ESPN decides to use their influence to grace our campus with their presence, cool. If not, whatever. Keep winning games.

I wonder if having a bye the week before NC state hurts our chances of hosting gameday Just due to us not having a game that week to keep the excitement/momentum going. Will be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom