ESPN Insider projects 2013 ACC season | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Insider projects 2013 ACC season

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...2013-projected-acc-standings-college-football

Here is the SU portion, I won't link anymore since its insider.

4. Syracuse Orange

Projected finish: 6-6
Win total range: 4-8 to 8-4
Chance to win ACC: 2 percent
The Orange make their debut in the ACC with a schedule that is not conducive to generating momentum, especially with a new head coach and new starting quarterback at the helm. Syracuse faces losable games against five of its first six FBS opponents (Penn State, Northwestern, Clemson, NC State and Georgia Tech), only one of which will be played in the Carrier Dome. Our projection model gives the Orange a 49 percent chance of losing at least four of those five.

ESPN ranks them like this
Atlantic
1. Clemson
2. Florida State
3. North Carolina State
4. Syracuse
5. Boston College
6. Wake Forest
7. Maryland
Coastal
1.Miami
2. Virginia Tech
3. North Carolina
4. Georgia Tech
5. Pittsburgh
6. Virginia
7. Duke

@Alsacs - I have seen you getting heat for predicting SU to have an average year for 2013. To me the variable is not the coaching staff due to Scott Schafer continuum but the all important QB spot. Until Drew Allen I was thinking a 6-6 season would be a good start going into the ACC. Now with Drew Allen, I'm encourage and hopeful for an 8-4 regular season (even if Hunt wins the starting job as at least we have a benchmark for Hunt against a 2nd level Oklahoma QB). Both Hunt & Allen had similar jobs last year for their respective teams so it will be interesting to see who wins.

Thanks for the ESPN insider info.

@Alsacs - I have seen you getting heat for predicting SU to have an average year for 2013. To me the variable is not the coaching staff due to Scott Schafer continuum but the all important QB spot. Until Drew Allen I was thinking a 6-6 season would be a good start going into the ACC. Now with Drew Allen, I'm encourage and hopeful for an 8-4 regular season (even if Hunt wins the starting job as at least we have a benchmark for Hunt against a 2nd level Oklahoma QB). Both Hunt & Allen had similar jobs last year for their respective teams so it will be interesting to see who wins.

Thanks for the ESPN insider info.
Thanks, I think if our QB play is decent I think we can go 4-4/5-3/6-2 in ACC play and 2-2/3-1/4-0 in non-conference play for 6-6 to 10-2. I am just trying to be objective, until I see a decent QB I don't want expectations to be too high.

I'm hoping for 7-5/8-4. Running game will be one of the best in the conference. Love the DT's and secondary. SU can be in every game. Hope Drew Allen seizes the job.

The projection is not unfair at this point.

Can't wait for this to begin!

Our projection model gives the Orange a 49 percent chance of losing at least four of those five.

So, there is a 51% chance that Syracuse does not lose 4 of 5. Written in the negative makes it sound so bad. When you see what they are really trying to avoid saying it makes you wonder how much of their speculation is based on their bias.

8-4 would mean the team improves after losing an NFL drafted QB, a head coach who moved to becoming an NFL HC, and after moving to a tougher conference. That would be an awesome feat and I hope it happens, but I wouldn't bet on it.

6-6 is realistic!! Less also can happen. But better would be a gift from Santa. But I'll take it too!!

6-6 is realistic!! Less also can happen. But better would be a gift from Santa. But I'll take it too!!

Here's your gift from Santa:

Santahatesyou.jpg

so the reality is that the give us a 50/50 chance of being 2-3 or better and if you win the wagner/tulane games we would be 4-3 with wake/mary/pitt/bc left.

so the reality is that the give us a 50/50 chance of being 2-3 or better and if you win the wagner/tulane games we would be 4-3 with wake/mary/pitt/bc left.
If SU splits NW-PSU they should 3-1 in the non-conference and if they go 1-2 against @Georgia Tech, @Florida State, Clemson that would get us to 4-3 and we should win 3 of 5 against Wake Forest, Boston College, Pittsburgh at the Dome, and @NC State and Maryland and get to 7-5 and a decent bowl.

Our projection model gives the Orange a 49 percent chance of losing at least four of those five.

So, there is a 51% chance that Syracuse does not lose 4 of 5. Written in the negative makes it sound so bad. When you see what they are really trying to avoid saying it makes you wonder how much of their speculation is based on their bias.
Preach

only argument I have with that is I see SU finishing ahead of NC State in third behind FSU / Clemson.

Don't see much wrong with their prediction. Why is it I find myself hating NCState so much? I have no real reason to.

only argument I have with that is I see SU finishing ahead of NC State in third behind FSU / Clemson.

Syracuse is running the same offensive and defensive systems as last season, aren't you? If so, thats an advantage for you vs State, IMHO.

Don't see much wrong with their prediction. Why is it I find myself hating NCState so much? I have no real reason to.

Make one trip to Raleigh for a game, and, it will be all too clear why.

Ha I get the same feeling. Seems like a cross between VTech and WVU. We shall see.

because they are the rutgers of the south!!!!

If SU splits NW-PSU they should 3-1 in the non-conference and if they go 1-2 against @Georgia Tech, @Florida State, Clemson that would get us to 4-3 and we should win 3 of 5 against Wake Forest, Boston College, Pittsburgh at the Dome, and @NC State and Maryland and get to 7-5 and a decent bowl.

I like optimism but I just can't see a win against those three. In fact, I believe we would be HEAVY underdogs.

I like optimism but I just can't see a win against those three. In fact, I believe we would be HEAVY underdogs.

Shafer has proven in the last 3 years he has the ability to come up with big game game plans. we blitzed some big time teams we were supposed to be under dogs to and they weren't even close. we have the talent and attitude where we will get another big time win sometime next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom