Espn may replace Brent Musberger with Chris Fowler(ugh) as lead broadcaster next year | Syracusefan.com

Espn may replace Brent Musberger with Chris Fowler(ugh) as lead broadcaster next year

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/18/br...n-replace-him-in-the-booth-with-chris-fowler/

Musberger may have lost a couple of miles off his fastball, but still calls a great game and this would be a dumb decision by ESPN if they do it. Fowler is a company man's company man IMO and would be a horrible choice to succeed Musberger. Fowler's excitement voice gives the old Joe Buck football voice a run for most boring/energetic. Mike Tirico, Rece Davis, Sean McDonough, Joe Tessatore, and Brad Nessler would all be better than Chris Fowler.

I hope ESPN reconsiders and keeps Musburger around longer as I would miss his bias for Notre Dame, B1G conference and talking about the point spread/underdog during the game would be missed. With Tim Brando leaving CBS I could see Fowler replacing Musberger, Rece Davis moving to College Gameday and Brando replacing Rece Davis in the ESPN studio with a new Lou Holtz/Mark May pairing.

Fowler's boring. Agree with you.

Tirico is already spread too thin.

Wouldn't mind Nessler. He was top guy with Keith Jackson for awhile if I remember correctly.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/18/br...n-replace-him-in-the-booth-with-chris-fowler/

Musberger may have lost a couple of miles off his fastball, but still calls a great game and this would be a dumb decision by ESPN if they do it. Fowler is a company man's company man IMO and would be a horrible choice to succeed Musberger. Fowler's excitement voice gives the old Joe Buck football voice a run for most boring/energetic. Mike Tirico, Rece Davis, Sean McDonough, Joe Tessatore, and Brad Nessler would all be better than Chris Fowler.

I hope ESPN reconsiders and keeps Musburger around longer as I would miss his bias for Notre Dame, B1G conference and talking about the point spread/underdog during the game would be missed. With Tim Brando leaving CBS I could see Fowler replacing Musberger, Rece Davis moving to College Gameday and Brando replacing Rece Davis in the ESPN studio with a new Lou Holtz/Mark May pairing.

That would suck. Love me some Musburger.

The Lou Holtz/Mark May/Reece Davis studio show could be the worst thing on television today. It is unwatchable

I'm shocked he wasn't fired for his hip hop coaches line. What a dope.

This was my favorite bad Lou Holtz other than all those ridiculous Pep Talks he used to give.

It would certainly be a mistake to replace Musburger unless he wants to go. If he's looking for less work or headed for retirement, that's fine. But I agree with the folks who think Nessler should replace him. For some reason, Nessler even reminds me of Musberger in his voice and delivery.

The Lou Holtz/Mark May/Reece Davis studio show could be the worst thing on television today. It is unwatchable

Agree, they should start there. That courtroom thing they do is just embarrassing.

And while we're on the subject of things that annoy us, they should allow Kirk, at the end of gameday, to pick the winner of games that he's the broadcast analyst. Do they think he's going to get death threats in the booth? Or does Vegas think his additional research of that game will move the needle?

Agree, they should start there. That courtroom thing they do is just embarrassing.

And while we're on the subject of things that annoy us, they should allow Kirk, at the end of gameday, to pick the winner of games that he's the broadcast analyst. Do they think he's going to get death threats in the booth? Or does Vegas think his additional research of that game will move the needle?

I never got that "hes broadcasting the game so he cant pick the winner". Give me a break.

While I agree with you about Kirk picking the game he broadcasts its because Kirk has TV production meetings with both teams and has had the chance to speak with both teams/coaches about the game and should have a little inside to the game so ALL media outlets never let their talent pick the game they are calling just to protect future access like this. I agree he should just pick the freaking games as I doubt the coaches care, but its just protect the stupid unwritten rules.

have you seen any network for any sport that has the guys doing the game pick the winners?

Tim Brando just left CBS Sports after many years. I would not be surprised if he ends up somewhere at ESPN.

have you seen any network for any sport that has the guys doing the game pick the winners?
just imagine the shitshow on here.

'lets send it to the booth...

who you got tonight, guys?? Syracuse or boston college??'

'chris?'...'i think BCs offensive line and run game will be too much for the Orange to handle'.

'kirk?'...'(wearing the eagle head) for boston, for boston we sing our proud refrain!!'

Syracusefan.com...

atomic_bomb_wallpaper_4-normal.jpg

Last edited:
They would never pull fowler off college gameday as the host
They wouldn't have to. Brent has been matched up with Herbstreit doing whatever game is at the college gameday site. Fowler, would host Gameday in the am, call the game in the pm.

They would do the same with him that they do with Herbstreit now. He would pick every game but the one he's working.

upperdeck said:

How many analysts do the game and the sport's marquis pregame show that was practically made famous by going on site and making predictions about that game?

Applying this situation to other sports makes little sense to me. Everyone has one role.

sufandu said:
They wouldn't have to. Brent has been matched up with Herbstreit doing whatever game is at the college gameday site. Fowler, would host Gameday in the am, call the game in the pm.
yea was saying that off a previous poster who said rece Davis could do it.

Tim Brando just left CBS Sports after many years. I would not be surprised if he ends up somewhere at ESPN.
Brando has SEC Network/ESPN written all over him.

I dont see the Brent love, cant stand him, worse person in person, ask him his stance on womens golf

Brad Nessler is actually probably my favorite next to Keith Jackson.
this could be completely wrong, but Nessler sounds like he smokes 2 packs a day to me. I find his voice oddly grating, even though I agree he's technically good at his job.