ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman” | Syracusefan.com

ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman”

I disagree. Had SU won, then you could have said he had a Heisman moment. He would have led SU down to a raucous Death Valley and helped pull up an upset over a Playoff contender on national television at the same time catapulting SU into the top 25 and ACCCG conversation.

It's his to win or lose. 11-1 he gets it for sure.

Tua and a few others disagree
Tua is going to win and Kyler Murray is the only person with a chance.
Tua hasn’t even attempted a pass in the 4th quarter this entire year and his team has played almost half of the regular season in 5 games.

Tua hasn’t even attempted a pass in the 4th quarter this entire year and his team has played almost half of the regular season in 5 games.

My feeling is that LSU is going to upset Bama for the first time in a long time this year

It’s inarguable imo that Dungey has a fair shot. If we somehow finish with 10-11 wins and he has absurd numbers...fate may smile on us

If I was running odds.
I would go
Tua -200
Murray + 600
Haskins +900
Grier +1500 long shot.

Those will be the finalists though IMO.

Haskins should be the current favorite

I can't tell if you actually believe the things that you post on here or if you are just trying to troll everyone. This one is more absurd then the Clemson being scared of Syracuse stuff.

Beat me to it.

It's his to win or lose. 11-1 he gets it for sure.

Cous, I love your posts buddy- but you’re steadily morphing into this board’s version of RutgersAl.

I can't tell if you actually believe the things that you post on here or if you are just trying to troll everyone. This one is more absurd then the Clemson being scared of Syracuse stuff.
Let's just say your a voter. Do you thinks it's more of an accomplishment to play on a loaded team like Alabama or Ohio State and rack up wins and stats or lead a team like Syracuse, which has been down and out for going on 2 decades, to an 11-1 or 10-2 record and reviving a once great college brand"

it broke my heart that we never got Donovan to New York. Of course they invited 5 guys then. Now it's only three. But if we could get Eric there, that would make me very happy.

it broke my heart that we never got Donovan to New York. Of course they invited 5 guys then. Now it's only three. But if we could get Eric there, that would make me very happy.
Do they always invite a set number? I thought they varied it based on how close the voting was.

Last edited:

Alabama also hasn't played anyone as of yet. LSU and Auburn are their only two tough opponents.

Let's just say your a voter. Do you thinks it's more of an accomplishment to play on a loaded team like Alabama or Ohio State and rack up wins and stats or lead a team like Syracuse, which has been down and out for going on 2 decades, to an 11-1 or 10-2 record and reviving a once great college brand"

Let's just say that I live in reality and that's not how the Heisman works. The Heisman is going to a QB of a team that is going to the playoff unless a RB on a top 10 team goes for 2000+ and even that is probably not enough.

If I was running odds.
I would go
Tua -200
Murray + 600
Haskins +900
Grier +1500 long shot.

Those will be the finalists though IMO.

McSorley has a shot at an invite if they win out as well but that's about it.

Let's just say that I live in reality and that's not how the Heisman works. The Heisman is going to a QB of a team that is going to the playoff unless a RB on a top 10 team goes for 2000+ and even that is probably not enough.
That's not the criteria they use.

That's not the criteria they use.

Ok, so it's you against pretty much everyone on the board again. I'm sure you're right though. Eric Dungey, QB of a Syracuse team ranked between 18-22 is going to win the Heisman after a 9-3 or 10-2 record. Is that how you see things going?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom