ESPN National HS Invitational | Syracusefan.com

ESPN National HS Invitational

Btw, bump.
They are showing this game on ESPN3 for those at work.
26-22 right now, St. Ben's

39-32 in the third, Ennis has 8 points and probably 3-4 assists. 3-of-8 shooting.

Briscoe is really struggling. 1 point, 4 fouls.

Ennis is a Mark Jackson clone.
Looks and plays just like him- has an old man's game.
Can't wait!
popcorn (1).gif

St. Benedict's Prep will take on the winner of Findlay Prep and Montrose Academy. Findlay Prep has one of the best backcourts in the country in Nigel Williams Goss (Washington) and Allerik Freeman (UCLA) while Montrose features Ismail Wainright who's headed to Baylor.

We recruited Ish a while back. He's a point forward who's built like a bull. Has a nice game, but not sure how his play will hold up against bigger forwards, wings in college. I saw him cough up the ball a few times already in this game, but he does show potential in spurts.

Wainright hit a ridiculous three quarter court shot at the buzzer to put Montrose ahead at the half 25-24.

man i want wainright-
like his game more than ennis

man i want wainright-
i watched the play head to head and no wayyyy... wainright doesnt fit our style.. good player though... but ennis>>wainright

man i want wainright-
He already committed to Baylor. Aside from that, Wainright could not play the point for us, imo. Does not have the handle, speed, agility to bring up the ball for us 35+ minutes per game. Ish will be a 2 or 3 on the next level. I'm sure he will bring up the ball every now and again, but he will not be a starting PG on Baylor.

But I like his game too :)
Based on our immediate need, we had to grab a stud PG.

kid looks like a monster physically- i like fearless guards-i see him as a 2 more than pointand we could use a 2 no?

seen ennis twice on espuke- being im not a paid recruiter he just didnt have the it factor i see in wainright-again what do i know-

kid looks like a monster physically- i like fearless guards-i see him as a 2 more than pointand we could use a 2 no?

seen ennis twice on espuke- being im not a paid recruiter he just didnt have the it factor i see in wainright-again what do i know-
Yeah, definitely like his physicality and those tough middle range shots down the stretch have been impressive. Pretty good game right now. Montrose can pull off the huge upset, and would face Tyler and company, who already beat this team.

Edit: Findlay Prep looks like they will hold on. Ish fouled out, but things were already going downhill. It will be St. Ben's facing Findlay Prep, undefeated, defending champions of this tournament and ranked #1 in the country.

I am pretty sure Ennis has been down this road before with someone else's big record on the line. :)

Just finished watching the game off the DVR. Just another day in the office for Tyler The Creator. Loved how he repeatedly got into the lane with ease, and what I like the most is that he always has a plan for what he's going to do in there, whether it's to finish strong or find the open man and not make himself a charge waiting to happen. Speaking of charging, them La Lumiere boys must have watched a lot of Duke tapes because they were flopping all over the place smh. ESPN listed Ennis with only 3 assist, but it seems like he had around 6-7. Not a great day for Briscoe, but it's hard to judge him since the announcers said he was dealing with an injury and this was his first game in a month.

Now on to #1 Findley Prep tomorrow at 4:30 on ESPN2. I definitely think St. Bennie's will be ready to take them out.

Just finished watching the game off the DVR. Just another day in the office for Tyler The Creator. Loved how he repeatedly got into the lane with ease, and what I like the most is that he always has a plan for what he's going to do in there, whether it's to finish strong or find the open man and not make himself a charge waiting to happen. Speaking of charging, them La Lumiere boys must have watched a lot of Duke tapes because they were flopping all over the place smh. ESPN listed Ennis with only 3 assist, but it seems like he had around 6-7. Not a great day for Briscoe, but it's hard to judge him since the announcers said he was dealing with an injury and this was his first game in a month.

Now on to #1 Findley Prep tomorrow at 4:30 on ESPN2. I definitely think St. Bennie's will be ready to take them out.
Bump.
They won.
Beat "the unbeatable" yet again.

Leads me to a question Francis. Are you ever wrong about this stuff?
Booyakasha!

how'd our boy do?
From the box score by https://twitter.com/JoshPaunilNRS

Ennis had 19 points on 7-19 shooting, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers
This was a team high, and he went up against one of the nation's best backcourts in Freeman and Williams-Goss.
Still. At this point, it's safe to say we know who has the best backcourt in the country.
Briscoe shot the lights out, and their third guard Jonathan Williams, although he didn't shoot the ball well, always contributes.

BHHtuRvCUAAJDYH.jpg:large

From the box score by https://twitter.com/JoshPaunilNRS

Ennis had 19 points on 7-19 shooting, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers
This was a team high, and he went up against one of the nation's best backcourts in Freeman and Williams-Goss.
Still. At this point, it's safe to say we know who has the best backcourt in the country.
Briscoe shot the lights out, and their third guard Jonathan Williams, although he didn't shoot the ball well, always contributes.

BHHtuRvCUAAJDYH.jpg:large
good looks bro.. looks solid, hopefully he distributes a bit more next year.

Bump.
They won.
Beat "the unbeatable" yet again.

Leads me to a question Francis. Are you ever wrong about this stuff?
Booyakasha!
Nah lolmynicca1.png.

Just watched the game and it was a good one. Tyler The Creator carried them through 3 quarters but when Findlay made their big run and took a 4pt lead, it was Briscoe that came up big time and scored 7 straight pts to put St. Benedict's up for good. I expect to see lots of drives and dishes from The Creator over the next few years at SU:). Briscoe on the other is a big time gamer. Once he gets fully healthy and in better shape he'll become a terror for all defenses. Montverde will be tough to beat because they have the size advantage but St. Bennie's won't be intimated.

Few notes on Findlay Prep. I love Williams-Goss game. Similar to Tyler, not flashy but is a winner and gets the job done(besides today). Stanford Robinson(Indiana) and Al Freeman(UCLA) will be solid role players and contributors in college.

Nah lolView attachment 3036.

Just watched the game and it was a good one. Tyler The Creator carried them through 3 quarters but when Findlay made their big run and took a 4pt lead, it was Briscoe that came up big time and scored 7 straight pts to put St. Benedict's up for good. I expect to see lots of drives and dishes from The Creator over the next few years at SU:). Briscoe on the other is a big time gamer. Once he gets fully healthy and in better shape he'll become a terror for all defenses. Montverde will be tough to beat because they have the size advantage but St. Bennie's won't be intimated.

Few notes on Findlay Prep. I love Williams-Goss game. Similar to Tyler, not flashy but is a winner and gets the job done(besides today). Stanford Robinson(Indiana) and Al Freeman(UCLA) will be solid role players and contributors in college.
Excellent stuff man. Yup, I feel the same way about Williams-Goss. Does everything well. He really controlled the game against Montrose the other day. And yeah, Tyler and Goss are very similar and both are big time gamers.

After watching the game the one thing I really like about Ennis' game is his ability to change speeds as this helps him get into the lane at ease. As for his assists, I think the reason that he doesn't have more is because his team relies on him more for his scoring, but his passing ability is clearly there, he had a nice assist that led to an easy dunk for a teammate off of a drive.

After watching the game the one thing I really like about Ennis' game is his ability to change speeds as this helps him get into the lane at ease. As for his assists, I think the reason that he doesn't have more is because his team relies on him more for his scoring, but his passing ability is clearly there, he had a nice assist that led to an easy dunk for a teammate off of a drive.
Great point. Besides Ennis, only Briscoe and Williams can create offense for themselves on this team. With Briscoe not being 100% and Williams being out of control at times, it's basically on Tyler to basically be "The Creator" for the team. Which leads him to become more of a scorer for this team but he won't be asked to drop 20ppg on the next level.

Tyler had a good game, he doesent force bad shots, the ones he has missed the last two days are in the lane and are just rolling off the rim, he is distributing the ball well, he could have easily had 5-6 more assists but teammates missed open jumpers and plays in the lane. One of the things i liked most is when Findlay made their run and had all the momentum up by 4 Tyler's demeanor never changed, always under control, and knows what he wants to do with the ball. Very excited to have him coming in next year...

Tyler has run all his offense in second gear this tournament. Wait to we see him with the right players so he can slow it down in the halfcourt.

Hes just going around players with his speed. Hes not getting a step on them with fancy dribbling,overphysicaling them, or backing them down. Don't be suprised if this is a small sample of what hes already capable of. Love how seasoned he is finishing with the left.

The Creator looks again in the 1st qtr, 6pts with about 3ast so far. His court vision is a thing of beauty. On the other hand it's nice of the refs to let Kasey Hill dribble out of control, run over defenders and not get called for charging:confused:.