ESPN Noel article | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Noel article

shizzah

Scout Team
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...oel-no-1-overall-wait-recruiting-process-over

"With Davis likely to declare for the NBA draft, many envision Noel as the replacement -- a shot-blocking, rebounding extraordinaire with room for growth on the offensive end.
"I'm not going to look at it like that," Noel said. "He's his own person. I'm my own person."
Also in New Orleans, former Georgetown coach John Thompson, the father of the current Hoyas coach, showed up to watch Noel play at the All-American Championship.
Noel noticed.
"It was real humbling to see him there watching the game," Noel said of Thompson, who groomed the likes of Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning and Dikembe Mutombo in college. "I was appreciative of him taking the time."
As for Syracuse, Noel enjoyed the atmosphere in coach Jim Boeheim's program, seemingly a good fit for a player of Noel's length and defensive acumen.
"They're a team," Noel said. "They act like they're brothers. They treat each other good, and I like the tradition they have."

Uggghhhh. Sounds good though right? I'm going blind refreshing this freaking board screen.

"Just pick the one you want and go," the coach said. "In some ways, it should be less stressful. Unfortunately, It just doesn't work that way."

I may be guilty of reading too much into a quote but I don't like that. Seeing as how reports were that he really liked Syracuse but his mom wanted Georgetown and the Thamel article implying some handlers pushing UK, this quote from his head coach makes me nervous.

Actually I like that quote because it tells me we were on top all along. But because of scums who can't recruit a kid the right way it had to be more difficult. It also tells me he decided on the team he wanted anyways. If it was Gtown anyways, then they were a much bigger player before than anyone really thought. He will be another Greg Monroe type except he will only be here 1 year. Like I said before he goes to Gtown he has no chance of a title, Kentucky yes, Syracuse yes. Gtown is like our little brother now.

Gtown is like our little brother now.

Yes. The little brother that watches his big brother go off to college next year and knows that he'll probably never get his high school diploma.

Noel announcement in less that 5 hours and Georgetown still sucks.

"They're a team," Noel said. "They act like they're brothers. They treat each other good, and I like the tradition they have."

Alhough this article makes me even more certain it's Cuse than before, if for some reason Syracuse isn't the choice, I could not be any happier or more proud to support a team that has recruited the #1 overall prospect so well that he is openly commenting on how tight-knit and close our team is, and raving about how good they treat and care for each other.

Even in realizing that the "closeness of the team" may rank below other attributes NN talks about (as a reason why he should pick a certain program over another) another program offering, like Kentucky ("playing time" or "stepping-stone to NBA"), there are still many players that will place importance on how well the team gets along & enjoys each other/enjoys playing basketball together.

I am completely satisfied and appreciative of the efforts made by everyone involved in our Syracuse BBall family (JB, Hop, MCW, MCW's family, DC2, Grant, RAK, ect.) in the recruitment on this player, I am sure that everything that was in our control was done to put our best foot forward, and I am 100% proud of the effort. Especially considering the seedy and lowdown nature of high-level recruiting, I'm proud of the efforts of Syracuse Basketball to bring in the best talent possible to our program. (And if for some reason I am naive in thinking nothing shady was done in our attempt to sign this guy, then so be it.)

Alhough this article makes me even more certain it's Cuse than before, if for some reason Syracuse isn't the choice, I could not be any happier or more proud to support a team that has recruited the #1 overall prospect so well that he is openly commenting on how tight-knit and close our team is, and raving about how good they treat and care for each other.

Even in realizing that the "closeness of the team" may rank below other attributes NN talks about (as a reason why he should pick a certain program over another) another program offering, like Kentucky ("playing time" or "stepping-stone to NBA"), there are still many players that will place importance on how well the team gets along & enjoys each other/enjoys playing basketball together.

I am completely satisfied and appreciative of the efforts made by everyone involved in our Syracuse BBall family (JB, Hop, MCW, MCW's family, DC2, Grant, RAK, ect.) in the recruitment on this player, I am sure that everything that was in our control was done to put our best foot forward, and I am 100% proud of the effort. Especially considering the seedy and lowdown nature of high-level recruiting, I'm proud of the efforts of Syracuse Basketball to bring in the best talent possible to our program. (And if for some reason I am naive in thinking nothing shady was done in our attempt to sign this guy, then so be it.)

I loved the brothers quote as well. Like I stated in a previous thread, he openly claims he feels like family every time he comes to our campus, his best friend would be his pg, he was here for a great atmosphere in Midnight Madness, saw how Carmelo is treated like a God every time he comes back, watched us beat our rival in front of 34,000 fans, is bombarded daily with our fans tweeting him how much they'd love for him to come, and has had many of our current and future players reach out to him, if he doesn't come here then we were never a serious landing spot for him in the first place. We did everything we could and will have a great and fun team to watch next year regardless.

I got to say... the "replacing Davis" crap isn't that good of an argument is it? I mean, just ask Vick how well that worked for us... he could be the next McNabb... still bitter