Espn poll nn | Syracusefan.com

Espn poll nn

goodroc

Starter
Survey of 12 top high school bb players.

10 predict uk
2 gtown
0 CUSE

I feel like we have no shot. Hoping im wrong but every single update from people, media, h.s. players (who granted, probably know nothing) has him either going to UK or Gtown and after some seriously promising updates from our insiders, the last one we got was from Bees who said 'hopes may have gone way down". Since then its been silence.

The UK prediction is all media hype based on past results which are independent of this kid.

What's the point in even asking 10 other HS basketball players? How would they know? Why do they care?

This was the most specific of the observations:

Matt Jones DeSoto (DeSoto, Texas), 2013, SG
Committed to: Duke
Noel’s headed to … “Kentucky. I played with him last weekend at a tournament and you should’ve seen him watching Louisville play against Kentucky. It was like he could envision himself there.”
Muhammad’s headed to … “Duke. He sees that he could come in and have the same impact that Austin Rivers did.”

This was the most specific of the observations:

Matt Jones DeSoto (DeSoto, Texas), 2013, SG
Committed to: Duke
Noel’s headed to … “Kentucky. I played with him last weekend at a tournament and you should’ve seen him watching Louisville play against Kentucky. It was like he could envision himself there.”
Muhammad’s headed to … “Duke. He sees that he could come in and have the same impact that Austin Rivers did.”
that answer to Shabazz killed all credibility he had. Typical Dukie

It's obvious that we're not getting him. Syracuse never wins these types of battles where the blue chip recruit makes a huge spectacle.

No biggee. I like the team without him. Better for chemistry anyway, and Boeheim's best teams are those where the whole is greater than the sum of all the parts.

Yea matt jones, im sure shabazz is drooling about making the same impact austin rivers made lol

Yea matt jones, im sure shabazz is drooling about making the same impact austin rivers made lol
He wants to be the next #1 overall recruit to lose in the first round LMAO

"Syracuse never wins these types of battles where the blue chip recruit makes a huge spectacle."

I beg to differ:

It's obvious that we're not getting him. Syracuse never wins these types of battles where the blue chip recruit makes a huge spectacle.

No biggee. I like the team without him. Better for chemistry anyway, and Boeheim's best teams are those where the whole is greater than the sum of all the parts.

I agree and now am basically letting this go altogether. I would be absolutely stunned if he says Syracuse when he commits on Wednesday. Again I would love to see this kid in Orange but I doubt it will ever happen.

I think if NN's goal is one and done .. UK is a good fit.. I don't think he can have an AD like impact. AD was a great defensive player but his developed offensive game really made him a Carmelo like impact frosh. In many ways I see him as a Rudy Gay to Carmelo as a comparison from AD. Melo was a rare occurrance but quickly everyone jumped to find the next carmelo... Gay was not that player, KD was not that player.. AD was in terms of impact on the game. NN will be a pro.. and is a sensational shot blocker.. however I don't see him as the next AD. If he wants a title along with being a top ten draft pick.. his best shot is SU. If he wants pro exposure and the chance to be hyped out of the gym so he can go top 3 in the draft, UK is the best bet. If he wants to be the next top Center prospect to be put into the princeton offense and have to re-prove himself in the pros.. he should go to Gtown. I really am surprised gtown is such a player. Their current system is not great for developing bigs. Monroe was a good big man who was forced to be more unselfish than he should have. I think he never progressed as expected. Sims.. maybe a fringe nba player at best but more likely a Euro player as he is just not tough enough inside. Hibbert was a project who developed and probably the best example of big man success for current gtown players. Gtown's past great bigs ran in Big John's system.. which was completely different.

We are ok without NN. I would love to have him but we have DC2, Rak and BMK. We have CJ/James who are both 3/4 players so we have major front court depth. We have offensive firepower on the outside (unproven but Cooney looks the part). We also have a PG who may be one of the best "make your teammates better" guys we have had in a long time and that is no discredit to scoop whatsoever. Finally you have the introverted senior who showed us a lot against the buckeyes and who no longer is the 2nd guy. He is the guy now.

I'm as frustrated as all other SU fans, to see such a preponderance of negative predictions. Last night I began listing pros and cons of each school, trying my best to put myself in Nerlen’s shoes, and was assigning numerical values (1 - 5) to each. I won't have time to finish it before his actual announcement comes out but even half completed it was shaping up to be a pretty close race, based on aggregate totals, with UK lagging behind. I'm obviously not NN and may be a little biased but I just don't see how we can be counted out completely unless everyone knows something that we SU fans don't or we are all just ignoring the obvious.

I think we still have a solid chance simply based on NN’s own past comments and the facts at hand.

This explains it! Nerlens Noel was waiting for ESPN to start a lame sports nation poll to help him decide. And now that the teeny boppers that watch Sportscenter have voted in an American Idol like poll, he can start calling around to local Boys and Girls Clubs to set up the decision show. Wow... Can we please stop psycho-analyzing this whole thing? We'll know in a few days!

This explains it! Nerlens Noel was waiting for ESPN to start a lame sports nation poll to help him decide. And now that the teeny boppers that watch Sportscenter have voted in an American Idol like poll, he can start calling around to local Boys and Girls Clubs to set up the decision show. Wow...
It won't be the Boys and Girls Club, it'll be the local chapter if the Kid 'n' Play Fan Club.

I'm as frustrated as all other SU fans, to see such a preponderance of negative predictions. Last night I began listing pros and cons of each school, trying my best to put myself in Nerlen’s shoes, and was assigning numerical values (1 - 5) to each. I won't have time to finish it before his actual announcement comes out but even half completed it was shaping up to be a pretty close race, based on aggregate totals, with UK lagging behind. I'm obviously not NN and may be a little biased but I just don't see how we can be counted out completely unless everyone knows something that we SU fans don't or we are all just ignoring the obvious.

I think we still have a solid chance simply based on NN’s own past comments and the facts at hand.

I'm with you. Based on what he has said, we'd be stupid to think we don't have a chance. To think we have been ruled out completely basically means he is no longer making the decision, which is always where we have been vulnerable. If that is the case, the odds are stacked against us.

On a side note, I have never understood how a kid let's a handler make his choice for him. I get taking one's parents opinion's very seriously, but some of these other people in the circle are just creepy and sad.

So to the question posted the other day about whose board has the biggest meltdown... Im putting money on UK would... meanwhile the massive gtown fanbase would muster up enough people to tip over a few motorcyles in DC..

It's a joke that people think we don't have a shot. What has Nerlens said that gives us that idea?

I'm not convinced that we won't get him... however I agree with the latter.

Getting NN may improve our chances at a NC next year... but it definitely doesn't help - and arguably hurts - our chances at a NC in subsequent years.

It's a joke that people think we don't have a shot. What has Nerlens said that gives us that idea?
Well there was that one time when he said, "F@ck Syracuse. Right in the ear."

I think that was an inappropriate thing to say to a group of Girl Scouts at a charity event, but c'est la vie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom