ESPN: Syracuse RB's Strongest in ACC | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: Syracuse RB's Strongest in ACC

arbitragegls

All Conference
Andrea Adelson contradicts Steele as to which football teams have the best depth at running back. Both FSU and Miami were selected by Steele to be in top 15...but Andrea says Syracuse has the depth and caliber running backs to be the Best in the ACC...and therefore recognized as one of top 15 football teams for running backs!

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/56585/video-syracuse-rb-depth

What do you think?

It's Good to be 'Cuse!

Nice to see the 'Cuse get some love. She gave a fine analysis, too, as questions about the O-line and QB position should make opposing teams stack the LOS. After all, they did that when Nassib and Pugh were still here. Hope we can make them pay for it again.

So Mark, where exactly is this "rumor" that #44 is being dusted off?

So Mark, where exactly is this "rumor" that #44 is being dusted off?

Been talk they might allow 44 to be given out...just rumors. We'll see...I think Jim and Flyod are ok with it. Any one else heard any new news on this?

From what I understand our offensive line more than held their own run blocking against the ONEs during the regular springs practices. The opinion relayed to me was that our run game would be fine. If that’s the case then our RB’s will surely be at the top of the ACC.

Are there any really tough in your face defenses in the ACC ?

Otto in Utah... Way too early to say that...smith and ptg all day everyday... Don't get me wrong I'm pumped about Morris but not this year with smith as our lead 1100 yds as a first year starter hard to beat

Otto in Utah... Way too early to say that...smith and ptg all day everyday... Don't get me wrong I'm pumped about Morris but not this year with smith as our lead 1100 yds as a first year starter hard to beat
I'm all about way too early predictions. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I think on paper we definitely look good. I'm a broken record, but I think Morris/MacFarlane > Smith/PTG.

Morris + MacFarlane +Smith + PTG =:E:E:E!!

Been talk they might allow 44 to be given out...just rumors. We'll see...I think Jim and Flyod are ok with it. Any one else heard any new news on this?

Been circulating for 3 years or so now. Most recently, (last fall) I heard Floyd Little say it in an interview on the radio, he definitely sounded all for, giving it out..

Did she say George Morris III? We decided he's a II, right?

I think there has been a rumor about #44 being issued every single year since Rob Konrad left the hill.

We managed to extinguish the one notable tradition this program had. But remember, we're a "football school".

I
I think there has been a rumor about #44 being issued every single year since Rob Konrad left the hill.

We managed to extinguish the one notable tradition this program had. But remember, we're a "football school".
Does Mandel Robinson have a say? Who, you ask? Exactly!

Like it... Need to go to Utah there's something enchanting about it
I'm in Park City this week for work. It's exceptional.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I remember FHCDM saying in an interview that they had 'a process in place' for when they had someone in mind for #44.

Not sure what that would include beyond conversations with Mr Brown and Mr Little.

Before the "44" jersey can be given back out, JoeCollege has to find it in his basement. Rumor is Konrad bequeathed it to him upon graduation in a drunken stupor and Joe, ever the doomsday prepper, buried it in a vault under his house. The dark days of SU Football can be blamed on JoeCollege. He lost our mojo. Well, buried it anyway.

See ya Friday, JoeC. Bring the damn number with you! "Ol Hardnosed" needs it. ;)

help me out here...

so nobody outside of Syracuse knows what the F #44 means. and now that theres a HUGE #44 jersey hanging in the Dome, which is shown on tv repeatedly and talked about by game announcers...but because its 'retired', it means we are no longer a football school.

and we've ruined it.

gotcha.

I think on paper we definitely look good. I'm a broken record, but I think Morris/MacFarlane > Smith/PTG.

Smith/PTG = a 1000 yard rusher and a guy who gained 200+ in a bowl game. Morris/MacFarlane must be pretty good.

I still think it depends on patching up the O-line, (replacing the best linemen we've had in many years), and getting Hunt/Allen a good corps of receivers so the defense won't be able to pack it in and the holes will be open. I think we can get it done- at least well enough to keep the defense honest. But if we don't, Smith/PTG and the M&M boys won't look so wonderful.

help me out here...

so nobody outside of Syracuse knows what the F #44 means. and now that theres a HUGE #44 jersey hanging in the Dome, which is shown on tv repeatedly and talked about by game announcers...but because its 'retired', it means we are no longer a football school.

and we've ruined it.

gotcha.

Ummm...

The tradition of #44 was that it was a number actually used by running backs throughout the years. Some turned out to be legends, some were good, and some were busts. But the whole point was that it was active.

Then we shelved it and turned tradition into history.

It's no small difference.

Football schools embrace tradition. We hung ours up.

Ummm...

The tradition of #44 was that it was a number actually used by running backs throughout the years. Some turned out to be legends, some were good, and some were busts. But the whole point was that it was active.

Then we shelved it and turned tradition into history.

It's no small difference.

Football schools embrace tradition. We hung ours up.
a tradition that was so traditional Syracuse gave it to 6 guys in the 40 years after Floyd Little left.

most did nothing of substance with it.

by retiring it, we gave it notoriety.

people now know what the F it is and means.

when somebody gets it now, it will be 'national' news. not a presser covered by the same guys who Boeheim will rip to shreds 4 months later.

a step back for 2 steps forward.

I thought I've read here a dozen times that Andrea doesn't know a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She doesn't. So take this with a grain of salt.

a tradition that was so traditional Syracuse gave it to 6 guys in the 40 years after Floyd Little left.

when somebody gets it now, it will be 'national' news. not a presser covered by the same guys who Boeheim will rip to shreds 4 months later.

By retiring it, we made it a dust collector.

People knew about it when it was active. I have old VHS tapes of SU games from the 90s that prove that point.

Now it's just another retired number.

Agree to disagree.