ESPN's NBA Draft 2019 Top 100 Prospects | Syracusefan.com

ESPN's NBA Draft 2019 Top 100 Prospects

Maybe keep Oshae one more year? Or does he go supercharged rest of season?

Retaining him would be incredible and it’s feasible

Maybe keep Oshae one more year? Or does he go supercharged rest of season?

Retaining him would be incredible and it’s feasible
I imagine both will climb as ACC play happens and Brissett starts banging with the big boys and Tyus continues to have unstoppable halves like he just had vs Georgetown

Oshae will explode in the ACC and march and enter the top 25. He’s gone imo.

Draft boards arent made in December

There is no such thing as a SF in the NBA that cannot dribble penetrate - other than Bruce Bowen who is one of the greatest lock down defenders of all time - Brissett cannot get to the rim nor can he finish at the rim and his mid range and three are average for the ACC - hes rated exactly where he should be - little to no chance of getting drafted - he may leave but it's not to play in the NBA - please dont tell me hes an NBA power forward

Oshae is certainly not a PF. Would for sure be a SF/wing. While the NBA game is still trending away from a lot of typical NBA bigs (relative to the 80s/90s), there are still very physical 4s/5s in the league.

I imagine both will climb as ACC play happens and Brissett starts banging with the big boys and Tyus continues to have unstoppable halves like he just had vs Georgetown

Brissett cant finish at the rim v small boys. What makes you think he will suddenly be able to v big boys. His game currently is getting rebounds and getting to the foul line.

There is no such thing as a SF in the NBA that cannot dribble penetrate - other than Bruce Bowen who is one of the greatest lock down defenders of all time - Brissett cannot get to the rim nor can he finish at the rim and his mid range and three are average for the ACC - hes rated exactly where he should be - little to no chance of getting drafted - he may leave but it's not to play in the NBA - please dont tell me hes an NBA power forward

This.

His finishing is still beyond awful as well and he can't shoot the three. He is not an NBA player and probably wont be unless he develops into a lock down defender.

So he can't do it against inferior competition but will do it against the Zion Williamson's of the world? Come on...

This.

His finishing is still beyond awful as well and he can't shoot the three. He is not an NBA player and probably wont be unless he develops into a lock down defender.

This is esentially repeating what i state above, although i think he could improve his finishing and could always continue to develop his 3 point shot. His form is a lot better than tyus’, who i think will never develop into a consistent shooter.

This is esentially repeating what i state above, although i think he could improve his finishing and could always continue to develop his 3 point shot. His form is a lot better than tyus’, who i think will never develop into a consistent shooter.

Guys can certainly improve from 3, but the guys that actually have the time to learn on the job have elite skills that allow them to stick and improve, something Brisset does not have and honestly am not sure if there is anything close to elite that he does.

In the 1/16/19 updated mock draft on nbadraft. net they have Oshae at #36. Very surprising to me.

In the 1/16/19 updated mock draft on nbadraft. net they have Oshae at #36. Very surprising to me.
Not when you consider it's based on potential. Everyone is looking for the steal of the draft.

I’ve got them both penciled into my starting 5 next year. I really don’t see why not.

The NBA is not a realistic option for 99.99999% of the population.
I still think Battle leaves. My guess is that he figures his stock isn't getting any higher and he may as well take his shot at the NBA now rather than a year from now.

Not when you consider it's based on potential. Everyone is looking for the steal of the draft.

I don’t really see the upside with him though. At his best he’s a guy who will be able to hit the 3 and defend. That’s a role player, if that’s all you can do. He has zero playmaking skills for others. He’s not a guy whose going to get to the basket and score at that level. To me his upside is...a Danny Green type? And that’s if he becomes a 40% 3 point shooter, so that’s a long shot at this point. He’s not even shooting 30% from 3 this year.

I'm no NBA GM but Oshae wouldn't be on my draft board... Shaky handle, streaky at best shooter, undersized 4, lacks strength and ability to finish... And he's regressing...

I think he may see his playing time go down in league play actually if Marek keeps giving us good minutes...

Tyus went thru the NBA protocol last year to get feedback. Luckily he came back. Based on his play so far this year and if he has degree in hand, I say absolutely no way he will be back yet another year. He will get drafted late first round maybe, second for sure unless he stops playing and his tenacity goes away. Supposed to be a weak draft too. Wishful thinking he is back again.

Oshae OTOH could well be back unless he likes Europe or he gets signed for an NBA summer league team as an undrafted FA if he doesn't go 2nd round.

There is no way Oshae is going to the NBA after this season. It is impossible. He can't drive and finish or shoot the 3 at a good enough clip. There is nothing he can do in ACC play to rise up. He is coming back next year for sure. Tyus on the other hand if he stays aggressive and doesn't take bad 3's and attacks the rim he could potentially move up boards. In my opinion he will always have a ceiling of a 2nd round pick. Maybe he just goes and tries to make a roster. I'm not sure he can come back and improve on anything of substance and he will have his degree. Either way he is a 1st class kid who I'm proud of. Had a great college career. There is no shame in that. He is a hard worker who literally is the best version of what he is capable of.

here's the thing people forget: you have to draft someone, you can't pass. 60 guys are going to be picked even though only a handful of them will be perceived of as legit nba players.

oshae projects similar to jerami - tweener forward seeming too small to play the 4 and not skilled enough to be a 3; questionable shot but uber athletic. if you are taking a flyer on a 2nd round pick, that kind of profile is as good as any and, with the example of jerami in people's mind, maybe better than a lot

here's the thing people forget: you have to draft someone, you can't pass. 60 guys are going to be picked even though only a handful of them will be perceived of as legit nba players.

oshae projects similar to jerami - tweener forward seeming too small to play the 4 and not skilled enough to be a 3; questionable shot but uber athletic. if you are taking a flyer on a 2nd round pick, that kind of profile is as good as any and, with the example of jerami in people's mind, maybe better than a lot
The thing I disagree with here is the description of Oshae as “Uber athletic”. That was definitely true for Jerami, but I don’t think Oshae is that at all. Something about the way Oshae elevates when he goes to the basket... he’s just not an “above the rim” player (which Jerami definitely was).

All the better for SU, because I think he’ll be a hell of a college player next year if he’s back.

Draft boards wait for feb and march, outside of the top 4 picks

The thing I disagree with here is the description of Oshae as “Uber athletic”. That was definitely true for Jerami, but I don’t think Oshae is that at all. Something about the way Oshae elevates when he goes to the basket... he’s just not an “above the rim” player (which Jerami definitely was).

All the better for SU, because I think he’ll be a hell of a college player next year if he’s back.
I agree if he works at it. I see no improvement from last year so I’m starting to wonder.