ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25 college basketball rankings for 2021-22 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25 college basketball rankings for 2021-22

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

14. Syracuse Orange

Another team I might be overrating based on their March performance, but the Orange's performance every March makes me feel confident this won't look terrible a year from now. Buddy Boeheim emerged as a legitimate star, and Boeheim, Alan Griffin and Quincy Guerrier are one of the better offensive trios you'll find in the ACC. The loss of Kadary Richmond to the transfer portal stings, since he's a high-level playmaker and a likely NBA prospect. Jim Boeheim will roll with Joe Girard at the point guard spot, give him another shot-maker. Villanova transfer Cole Swider will bring shooting to the frontcourt and could enable Boeheim to go small with five scorers for stretches. But Boeheim generally prefers a bigger body in the middle of the zone, which seems like a weakness right now. Jesse Edwards and Frank Anselem could operate in that role if Marek Dolezaj leaves and Syracuse doesn't hit the portal for a big.

The West Coast was a joke for a decade years and now look at it. Impressive. I'm cool with that, as long as the B1G doesn't sniff another title.

The fact this author doesn’t realize Quincy already declared for the draft to see where his stock is and that Alan Griffin is likely gone shows its a flawed list.

It’s like college football using the preseason polls based off the ending of bowl season.

We are one player away from having a really good team next year potentially.

It’s just a guessing game across the board at this point.

It’s just a guessing game across the board at this point.
It is a guessing game but these are supposedly college basketball reporters.

Guard play is what wins consistently.

It’s unbelievable that these reporters aren’t realizing Quincy/Alan/Swider/Benny are not all going to be playing together.
That clickbait is just flat out not happening.

If we are preseason top 15 next year we have had to add a legitimate rotation player to a position I don’t need to say.

Based on this list we are the second highest ranked in the Battle for Atlantis.
Okay the expectations are now make the championship game at this event.

Is Marek's gf a sr? If so we need to swap her out with a jr keep him for another year.

Is Marek's gf a sr? If so we need to swap her out with a jr keep him for another year.

I believe she already graduated.

The fact this author doesn’t realize Quincy already declared for the draft to see where his stock is and that Alan Griffin is likely gone shows its a flawed list.

It’s like college football using the preseason polls based off the ending of bowl season.

We are one player away from having a really good team next year potentially.

Exactly. This year I wouldn't look at any preseason polls until a week before the first game.

I will say - our fan base appears to think Kadary is a much bigger loss than the media does
Our Fanbase doesn’t get guard play is what the most important position in college hoops if you want to compete for a national title.
We don’t want to compete for national title we just want to be competitive and scary matchup based on how we’re building and constructing our rosters. Kadary Richmond Is the type of guard that a national title contender would have playing a lot of minutes. Our fanbase has a lot of fans who think we are still old Syracuse.

He is a huge loss if we are talking about being a top NC contender.