Evan Foster could he move to LB? | Syracusefan.com

Evan Foster could he move to LB?

Any chance he moves to LB and fills the Jonathan Thomas/Kielan Whitner role this year?
Unless Cameron Jonas or Clarke are far more ready than we anticipate I don’t see it. He’s got the most starts under his belt on defense returning right?

Unless Cameron Jonas or Clarke are far more ready than we anticipate I don’t see it. He’s got the most starts under his belt on defense returning right?

Neil Nunn came to mind. Him or Jonas might be too good to keep off the field.

Whenever I see just a players name in the thread title, my thoughts go everywhere and usually they assume the worst

I really hope not. It's nice to have big safeties and it's nice to leave safeties playing safety and linebackers playing linebacker.
except hes consistently gotten toasted for 3 years. I find the new bullish outlook on the secondary interesting, as if we don't have 3-4 years of history on how the majority of the secondary will play.

except hes consistently gotten toasted for 3 years. I find the new bullish outlook on the secondary interesting, as if we don't have 3-4 years of history on how the majority of the secondary will play.

Foster was very good last year and that's saying a lot coming from me because I wanted him replaced before the season. As a strong safety his job is to play both run and pass. He did it very well. He had 86 tackles (56 solo) last year good for 3rd on the team, 1 int and 5 pass breakups. He was solid and should be better as a senior.

The safeties who got beat up last season were the ones who came in to sub for him like Coley.

This year they've moved Coley to the center field spot behind Cisco and given Devon Clarke the whack a mole spot.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been watching youtube clips from last season and i just disagree. A lot of recency bias going on here.

If someone has a PFF acct, can probably just find how he graded and not try to just have a debate where no one has a correct answer.

Show us examples of what you've seen then instead of just saying everyone is wrong because you say so.
We can take ND and Clemson out of it but maybe check out the WMU, NC, NCST condensed games and cut ups of the LVille and Uccnn games. We can also choose to ignore the 16 and 17 seasons if you want.

Its all on youtube, champ.

We were given a better than 50% chance to win following Fosters demolishing of Lawrence in Death Valley. Keep him at SS

You're the one who's making the argument, not the rest of us. You do the work if you want to be right. And don't patronize me.
I dont give a damn about being right. All I said was these same DBs have gotten torched consistently for the last 3 years. Why would they all of a sudden be top 3 in the ACC?

I dont give a damn about being right. All I said was these same DBs have gotten torched consistently for the last 3 years. Why would they all of a sudden be top 3 in the ACC?
We return an all american, two multi year starters and a four star cb. That may be enough.

We return an all american, two multi year starters and a four star cb. That may be enough.
Agreed. There has been a huge roster turnover with this group.

We've replaced the likes of Dowels, Hudson, Ellison, Scissum and Rodney Williams (all border line P5 at best) with Trill Williams, Iffy, Cisco, Jonas, Clarke, Cole, Nunn et al, All of whom have either performed admirably or had a quality offer sheet.

Edit: If you want to feel sick...go back and look at the 2016 roster.

Agreed. There has been a huge roster turnover with this group.

We've replaced the likes of Dowels, Hudson, Ellison, Scissum and Rodney Williams (all border line P5 at best) with Trill Williams, Iffy, Cisco, Jonas, Clarke, Cole, Nunn et al, All of whom have either performed admirably or had a quality offer sheet.

Edit: If you want to feel sick...go back and look at the 2016 roster.
You can’t make me

Name us all the secondary's that don't get torched? You watched Clemson light up Alabama's secondary this year right ? Defensive Back is the hardest position on the field to play bar none.

In '16 Foster was a true freshman. That's been part of the problem. Youth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom