Even lax has to have a little drama, apparently (the Hayes McGinley thread)... | Syracusefan.com

Even lax has to have a little drama, apparently (the Hayes McGinley thread)...

jekelish

Living Legend
Sam Blum ‏@SamBlum3 17m17 minutes ago
According to police, McGinley was arrested for punching a 29-year old male & 20-year old female in the face. Victims desired prosecution.

RS-frosh Hayes McGinley suspended indefinitely.

By the way, I had no idea that this kid is the nephew of Dr. Cox (who also went to SU).

Sam Blum ‏@SamBlum3 17m17 minutes ago
According to police, McGinley was arrested for punching a 29-year old male & 20-year old female in the face. Victims desired prosecution.

RS-frosh Hayes McGinley suspended indefinitely.

By the way, I had no idea that this kid is the nephew of Dr. Cox (who also went to SU).
Nice going S-head. You will soon realize that with a roster as large as SU has, you get ZERO slack.

All depends on how the charges go, the fact he hasn't been kicked off the team means he has a shot to return but im sure hes done for this season. Could have big implications for next year if he has to leave school. Not smart.

Victims desired prosecution.

Had to do a triple take on this. thought it was prostituion at first

His lawyer said he had no recollection of the events. I thought that was odd, but getting drilled unconscious would be a reason why. What kind of fool does that to a woman? Wow.

And his lawyer is Eric Jeschke, who played on our '83 championship team.

Yeah. This isn't going to end well at all for our soon to be ex-lax player.

On a purely lax based post - we are looking really thin on the ground for Middies next year, we have a great Def class coming in but just dont see enough Middies, other than Ramano and Hutchings we will have to look to this years redshirts to back-fill.

Yeah. This isn't going to end well at all for our soon to be ex-lax player.

Based on the fact he has no prior history of incidents at SU he has a shot to stay in school and be brought back on the team next fall.

On a purely lax based post - we are looking really thin on the ground for Middies next year, we have a great Def class coming in but just dont see enough Middies, other than Ramano and Hutchings we will have to look to this years redshirts to back-fill.

I think we will definitely be thin in terms of experience but from a player perspective there will be a lot of options even if McGinley gets tossed out of school. Barber (if they move him back to mid), Salcido, Westin, Dejoe, Simmons, McKinney, Carlin, Ford, and even Evans but I assume he will go back to attack where he really belongs. As you noted this doesn't take into account any incoming Frosh or a potential transfer like Vaughn (if he ever makes it here).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom