Evening Huddle with Dino | Syracusefan.com

Evening Huddle with Dino

First the issues with your renewal, now scheduling his session on this particular night. I think someone is trying to tell you something.
yeah man.. like they dont want me around.. wait until next time i see him at the book store..

Did anyone attend? I couldn't last night. Surprised there was no commentary here.

did it even happen? I didnt get the 2nd email with a zoom link like last time?

He basically said that we’ll throw for 5,000, run for 2,000 score 50 a game and that the entire defense is contemplating early entry to the draft in preparation for their unscored upon season.

And as a disclaimer, exactly 0% of this is true.

Don’t want to hear about “every freshman is an L”, Dino’s been here several years and has had time to recruit and form depth with quality players. We should not perpetually be the youngest team. That’s my only issue. Loved the rest if the recap.

Never heard of a team doing this. I guess it's motivating?...

“We had our leaders draft the team like in the NFL,” in front of the whole team added the head coach. Dino elaborated that when his friends played sports all year round, he may have been a first round football player but a third round baseball player, and while you know you can’t be the best at everything, the perception you give off to your peers is incredibly important. Many players who were picked in the 7th round were not happy with “choice words” when walking up to accept the selection.

“We put a light on it,” said Babers. “Now go out and show us what you are,” was the charge issued to the entire team.

“We had our leaders draft the team like in the NFL,” in front of the whole team added the head coach. Dino elaborated that when his friends played sports all year round, he may have been a first round football player but a third round baseball player, and while you know you can’t be the best at everything, the perception you give off to your peers is incredibly important. Many players who were picked in the 7th round were not happy with “choice words” when walking up to accept the selection.

“We put a light on it,” said Babers. “Now go out and show us what you are,” was the charge issued to the entire team.

Mr. Irrelevant is in therapy now.

Don’t want to hear about “every freshman is an L”, Dino’s been here several years and has had time to recruit and form depth with quality players. We should not perpetually be the youngest team. That’s my only issue. Loved the rest if the recap.

Thanks to whoever shared this recap. I wasn't able to make it last night but I hope this was taken out of context a bit. "Every freshman is an L" is a real head-scratching comment for me. Not sure why he would say that. There are plenty of freshmen each year, around the country, that are significant contributors including at Syracuse. I do get what he's trying to say. It's harder to win when you play a lot of freshmen but geez enough with the hyperbole and just say it like that.

Thanks to whoever shared this recap. I wasn't able to make it last night but I hope this was taken out of context a bit. "Every freshman is an L" is a real head-scratching comment for me. Not sure why he would say that. There are plenty of freshmen each year, around the country, that are significant contributors including at Syracuse. I do get what he's trying to say. It's harder to win when you play a lot of freshmen but geez enough with the hyperbole and just say it like that.

I’m pretty sure he was saying “every Freshman you START is an L”.

Which is a coach-speak way of saying you want mature, experienced guys as your starters - which only makes sense.

Yes - there are true Frosh contributing at Football Factories, but they are the best of the best 5* kinda guys.

And yes - non-Factory schools also have a FEW Frosh who contribute.
But - when you have more than a FEW, it means you missed on an upperclassman either in terms of their ability, or injuries.
And you’re going to lose more and more games if you have too many Frosh getting that much run.

I’m pretty sure he was saying “every Freshman you START is an L”.

Which is a coach-speak way of saying you want mature, experienced guys as your starters - which only makes sense.

Yes - there are true Frosh contributing at Football Factories, but they are the best of the best 5* kinda guys.

And yes - non-Factory schools also have a FEW Frosh who contribute.
But - when you have more than a FEW, it means you missed on an upperclassman either in terms of their ability, or injuries.
And you’re going to lose more and more games if you have too many Frosh getting that much run.
Its also because there was no spring, last year. Early Enrollees had no real spring instruction. What they learn there carries on through summer, player lead practices. Not many of those, last year either, due to covid restrictions. And then we missed some August practices. Any early enrollee missed out on months and months and months of getting better. Its not a knock on the freshmen. They simply had less practice to know what was going on.

Andre Cisco may have something to say about that.

Its also because there was no spring, last year. Early Enrollees had no real spring instruction. What they learn there carries on through summer, player lead practices. Not many of those, last year either, due to covid restrictions. And then we missed some August practices. Any early enrollee missed out on months and months and months of getting better. Its not a knock on the freshmen. They simply had less practice to know what was going on.
Really good point. That is why I think defensively we may surprise a lot of people even though we have a lot of younger players.
I expect everyone in the in coming class other than chestnut, the jucos and transfers to redshirt.

It sounds like the oline is much improved in only 15 practices. 1st the physical comment, and then, people are seeing what Tommy can do when he has time. Pheww...
I’ll hold back on getting excited about TD until I see a real change in him in games. Practice is a lot different than games for a qb when you know your not going to get hit. Let’s hope he addressed his issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom