Every basketball player and coach in the world needs to watch this. | Syracusefan.com

Every basketball player and coach in the world needs to watch this.

Add this to the chapter of "how to win championships"

Klay Thompson moves so well without the ball!
That clip was awesome.
Everybody knows what a great shooter he is, but to see a condensed clip like that, boy, does he move well without the ball!

Eh. Shooters know how to get open and know shooting off the catch is better than off the bounce. If you're not a great jump shooter, dribbling is of increased importance.

I once scored 43 points in an Upstate Medical Center league. It was before 3-pointers were invented, so most were likely mid-range shots or short baseline drives. I never dribbled a lot but had good feeds from the point guard.

I once scored 43 points in an Upstate Medical Center league. It was before 3-pointers were invented, so most were likely mid-range shots or short baseline drives. I never dribbled a lot but had good feeds from the point guard.

Oh yeah? Well I scored 6 points in 8th grade basketball. Dribbled like 80 times at least. Almost had a double double in points and turnovers.

My brother tells me the story. He played high school basketball along time ago with Pat Stark Old time former Syracuse quarterback. They were playing a weak team and the team decided that they would try to feed the ball the Pat so that he would break the New York state high school basketball single game scoring record. Pat did. He scored 78 points Which at the time was the record. After the game they gave my brother the trophy…… Because he didn’t shoot!

Oh yeah? Well I scored 6 points in 8th grade basketball. Dribbled like 80 times at least. Almost had a double double in points and turnovers.
Ah, yes. The Polish double double.

They missed three plays where he dribbled... one where he likely dribbled multiple times.

Thank you - I kept seeing dribbles, but the dribble count wasn't changing.

Plus, he missed 11 shots that game. I mean, I bet he dribbled some - just imagine how many more points he could have scored if he could dribble!!! 58 probably...but the other times he wasn't set up perfectly and had to put the ball on the floor - and that equaled fail. :( I'm guessing.

What happened on those 11 shots he missed ESPN!!! WHAT HAPPENED????????

This whole story sounds like fake news.

Plus, he definitely didn't need that one dribble. That means 25% of his dribbles were, in fact, not needed! The headline should read "Klay Thompson takes 25% more dribbles than needed to score 43 points!"

25%????? That's freaking awful.

It depends on who is doing the dribbling.

Amazing - no dunks and no treys except for the famous half court shot, but plenty of ankle breaking moves !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom