Every HBO show, Ranked | Syracusefan.com

Every HBO show, Ranked

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Who am I to argue with someone who's taste is not the same as mine. Arliss 68th!!! Entourage 69th!!! Ouch!!! Kenny Powers 22nd. Shocked it is that high. Curb Your Enthusiasm 8th. Wow. I can't really argue about who is in the top ten, but I have never heard of/never seen #5 The Leftovers. Is it really better than CYE, or Veep, or Oz, or Game of Thrones!!!
Every HBO Show, Ranked

Who am I to argue with someone who's taste is not the same as mine. Arliss 68th!!! Entourage 69th!!! Ouch!!! Kenny Powers 22nd. Shocked it is that high. Curb Your Enthusiasm 8th. Wow. I can't really argue about who is in the top ten, but I have never heard of/never seen #5 The Leftovers. Is it really better than CYE, or Veep, or Oz, or Game of Thrones!!!
Every HBO Show, Ranked

The Wire at 3? I can’t be mad at Sopranos at 1 both for quality and impact since it came before the Wire. But Deadwood over the Wire? I’ll revisit it, but I doubt my mind will change.

But I’m going The Wire #1, and Curb #2 in my personal rankings.

The Wire at 3? I can’t be mad at Sopranos at 1 both for quality and impact since it came before the Wire. But Deadwood over the Wire? I’ll revisit it, but I doubt my mind will change.

Id go sopranos curb wire.

Season one was great
After that it lost steam (EBD)

Shock value only goes so far. The first couple seasons were an enjoyable show. A hilarious show. But really not great television. And then things got worse from there.

I like these HBO ranking lists, but this isn't one I particularly agree with compared to others. What was that one that had Larry Sanders #1? That was a stronger ranking, I think.

McNulty, Stringer and the Wire #1.
Curb #2
Game of Thrones #3
Sopranos was good but #4 for me.

Wire, Deadwood, Curb, GOT, Leftovers are top 5 for me. 1st season of Eastbound and Down was incredible for sure. Still haven't started The Deuce of Barry yet but certainly need to. Was a fan of the 1st season of Succession too. Silicon Valley is hit or miss, was better when TJ Miller was still on it.

Never really loved The Sopranos and haven't been interested in Veep probably because I'm not much of a JLD fan.

The Mind of a Married Man is a show i enjoyed when it was first aired, and re-watched just last year. I never see that show mentioned anywhere. It's way better than Hello Ladies, which i wanted to like, but thought failed a bit. The Newsroom was way better than 66. Extras was way better than 33. I like Barry, but not at 13—that's a reach.

The whole list up to 10 seems almost random. And then the top 10 is just wrong. But, if it were 'right,' no one would be talking about it.

1 GoT
2 Sopranos
3 The Wire
4 Boardwalk Empire
5 Veep
6 Extras
7 Bored to Death
8 Eastbound & Down
9 The Newsroom
10 Vinyl.

Wire, Deadwood, Curb, GOT, Leftovers are top 5 for me. 1st season of Eastbound and Down was incredible for sure. Still haven't started The Deuce of Barry yet but certainly need to. Was a fan of the 1st season of Succession too. Silicon Valley is hit or miss, was better when TJ Miller was still on it.

Never really loved The Sopranos and haven't been interested in Veep probably because I'm not much of a JLD fan.
That's crazytalk. What the hell?

No ones going to talk about GoT in ten years like they still talk about Sopranos today. Some medicine is difficult to swallow.

I don't think that's true -- and the "longevity" of the series might be bolstered by the prequel and other projects that are in the hopper for the GoT universe.

I go thru the list and realize I have had HBO for 25 yrs and have seen 2-3 of these shows

I liked Luck alot too bad it had off screen issues with the Horses, it was really good

i saw one season of deadwood and Westworld and True Detective.

About the only show I remember from HBO is Band of Brothers.

season 1 of the wire was as good as anything ever . . . but subsequent seasons were uneven in quality and never matched that first year, imo

there is no such thing as a true #1, but my vote would be the larry sanders show

Boardwalk Empire and Eastbound and Down should be in the top 10. Totally fine with Sopranos #1

Here's one thing I don't get. I like The Deuce. A lot. But I don't know how two seasons of that show deserve to be dozens of spots higher than the entirety of Treme.

All in all there's a lot of recency bias on this and similar lists. But that disparity really jumped out at me as making no sense.

season 1 of the wire was as good as anything ever . . . but subsequent seasons were uneven in quality and never matched that first year, imo

there is no such thing as a true #1, but my vote would be the larry sanders show

Hmmm...as much as I loved season 1, I thought seasons 3 and 4 were incredible too.

And I loved the series as a whole because all the seasons mattered to the larger picture. As Lester Freamon once said, “all the pieces matter”...that held true for the entire show, really.

As a kid I loved 1st & 10 & Dream On. I am offended by their low ranking.

My top 10.

Sopranos
The Wire
Boardwalk Empire
Veep
Silicon Valley
Band of Brothers/The Pacific
Deadwood
The Newsroom
6 Feet Under
The Deuce