Everybody is in the Portal | Syracusefan.com

Everybody is in the Portal

CA Monk

I'm Woke, But I'm Very Groggy.
Well it finally happened. Every D1 player has put their name into the portal and now the damn exit door is too narrow for all of them to get through again, so the 2023 season has been canceled. Thx NCAA.

Be careful what you wish for.

just wondering, They passed a law to make sure that there were equal chances for men and women with title IX. When do the women sue because they are not getting equal NIL money deals? if the schools have to do it why not the people spending NIL money on athletes?

And just how much money is out there floating around at these schools to pay X amount of fball and bb or lax or baseball or hockey or swimming whatever is the hot sport in the area they live in..

is the next step that someone Pays Otahni 100 Mill to endorse something so he goes play for the yankees so the luxury tax stays low? Could the mets owner have one of his companies pay to endorse the next guy he wants?

just wondering, They passed a law to make sure that there were equal chances for men and women with title IX. When do the women sue because they are not getting equal NIL money deals? if the schools have to do it why not the people spending NIL money on athletes?

And just how much money is out there floating around at these schools to pay X amount of fball and bb or lax or baseball or hockey or swimming whatever is the hot sport in the area they live in..

is the next step that someone Pays Otahni 100 Mill to endorse something so he goes play for the yankees so the luxury tax stays low? Could the mets owner have one of his companies pay to endorse the next guy he wants?
The schools don’t give out NIL.

After giving it a lot of thought and discussing it with my family, I have decided to enter my name in the transfer portal. I want to thank all the mods and admins for giving me a chance here. It was not an easy decision, but I believe it is the best thing for me. My "delete post" finger will hopefully heal and I will be as good as new soon, ready to start my new mod duties.

I will always treasure my time here, and wish all the posters here (even OburgOrange) the best.

Forever Orange!
1670978168860.png

After giving it a lot of thought and discussing it with my family, I have decided to enter my name in the transfer portal. I want to thank all the mods and admins for giving me a chance here. It was not an easy decision, but I believe it is the best thing for me. My "delete post" finger will hopefully heal and I will be as good as new soon, ready to start my new mod duties.

I will always treasure my time here, and wish all the posters here (even OburgOrange) the best.

Forever Orange! View attachment 223140
Respect his decison!

They passed a law to make sure that there were equal chances for men and women with title IX. When do the women sue because they are not getting equal NIL money deals? if the schools have to do it why not the people spending NIL money on athletes?
If I may be so bold, these questions suggest you don't fully grasp the legal nuances of Title IX or NIL.

Bye

How about love, is it lost or not?

Oooh! That’s another good one!

Especially since most people get it exactly opposite of what it actually means.

With O79 - no love lost. :p

Edited to add:
and, O79 will no longer be apart of the University of Syracuse, and is looking for a new team to be apart of.

Last edited:

Is Rutgers SyracuseAl transferring in to fill your spot?!

Some quick math...

131 FBS Teams x 85 scholarship players = 11,135 FBS Scholarship Players

1,401 In Portal / 11,135 Players = 13% of FBS players in the portal so far

13% x 85 Players = 11 Players Per Team on Average!
The only difference though is that this allows the factory schools to get rid of their dead weight and free up spots with proven players like Chestnut. For Syracuse and schools like it, this allows for its best players each year to prove themselves, get offered an NIL deal and transfer. Essentially serve as a minor league team for the factory schools. So each year, 5-7 players off the top will leave.

The only difference though is that this allows the factory schools to get rid of their dead weight and free up spots with proven players like Chestnut. For Syracuse and schools like it, this allows for its best players each year to prove themselves, get offered an NIL deal and transfer. Essentially serve as a minor league team for the factory schools. So each year, 5-7 players off the top will leave.
Yup its a revolving door. We then grab players who were stands outs on FCS/G5 teams to replace those guys. Its the new normal.

Devil79?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom