everything is coming up ... well, you know | Syracusefan.com

everything is coming up ... well, you know

Millhouse

Living Legend
Football needed something drastic. Coyle got us Babers. Would an SU guy through and through like Wildsack go that route? I don't know. Then coyle gets the hell out of the way and we get the Syracuse lifer who can fix everything else important (TV, $, and dome remodel)

We were sitting here with Gross and Shafer and wondering if we were going to replace them with Sala and friggin Edsall and we have Wildhack and Babers.

Football needed something drastic. Coyle got us Babers. Would an SU guy through and through like Wildsack go that route? I don't know. Then coyle gets the hell out of the way and we get the Syracuse lifer who can fix everything else important (TV, $, and dome remodel)

We were sitting here with Gross and Shafer and wondering if we were going to replace them with Sala and friggin Edsall and we have Wildhack and Babers.
That's a bit unfair to Edsall, but otherwise, I agree with your point.
We're in a good place for now, it appears.

Dude you crack me up like no other poster on here...and that's usually meant as a good thing/compliment.....may I emphasize "usually" ;)

MykdX8B.gif

It seems like the worm has finally turned for us in all facets that impact the FB program. Hope it's 1985/1986 era all over again and we're about to embark on a good 15 year run.
I'll drink to that.

For a minute there, I thought I was the only one who couldn't wait...

Dude you crack me up like no other poster on here...and that's usually meant as a good thing/compliment...may I emphasize "usually" ;)

I totally lost it at Wildsack, all bets were off after that.

Agreed about Coyle. That was a BIG tipping point decision he oversaw, and he got it right. Even though he left the goofy way he did, he made a good hire. Now that we landed an even better AD candidate in Wildhack, who cares about the rest.

With Sveyrud, Dan French, and John Wildhack, Syracuse University has a very formidable senior administrative staff.

This is the best thread title I have seen in a long time.

Pete Sala is a very competent guy. He is in a good place for the University.
i wasn't trying to rag on him too much. i'm glad he's here. lots of different jobs for good people to thrive in

i wasn't trying to rag on him too much. i'm glad he's here. lots of different jobs for good people to thrive in

I think the staff that is in place is a very competent one - these are serious, smart people.

I don't think this is January 2005.

I think the staff that is in place is a very competent one - these are serious, smart people.

I don't think this is January 2005.

You mean no Lael's or Nancy's?

It's the virtue of hiring a coach who had been successful at a lower level and can bring his staff with him. They aren't just bits and pieces picked, (in the late going) off the scrap heap. These guys have been though this before and already know what they are doing and how to work together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom