Everything was absolutely great but... | Syracusefan.com

Everything was absolutely great but...

All I want is a white border around the numbers.

I noticed the names are on the backs. Have they always been?

Those uniforms were awful.

I love aggressive uni's - Oregon/Maryland etc. Ours are neither traditional or aggressive. They're some gross in-between.

As much as I've slagged on our unis, if they just outline the numbers in white what they wore last night wouldn't be the worst. I don't understand why Nike insists on putting blue numbers on orange jerseys without a white outline. They did it to hoops years ago too.

Scooch said:
As much as I've slagged on our unis, if they just outline the numbers in white what they wore last night wouldn't be the worst. I don't understand why Nike insists on putting blue numbers on orange jerseys without a white outline. They did it to hoops years ago too.

It's form over function. The style is in keeping with what's hot right now design-wise. But you can't read them at all - so fail.

It's form over function. The style is in keeping with what's hot right now design-wise. But you can't read them at all - so fail.
Is it? I don't think they look very hot. I think certain schools have style on lock, we are not one of them unless the rest of this seasons uniforms are much improved over last night.

I sort of like the vintage flat look I just want to be able to read the numbers. A white border is all they need.

Not a fan of the little stripes on the shoulders, but whatev.

Other Nike schools have better style and readable numbers. We look like the dorky kid that tries too hard to be cool.

At least you could read the numbers. Now, about the names...

longislandcuse said:
Is it? I don't think they look very hot. I think certain schools have style on lock, we are not one of them unless the rest of this seasons uniforms are much improved over last night.

How old are you?

sufandu said:
Other Nike schools have better style and readable numbers. We look like the dorky kid that tries too hard to be cool.

Look. I'm a graphic designer who creates things designed for kids/adults aged 10-25. The look is on point style wise, but I'm not sure it should be the right look for Syracuse football.

4 combinations -

Orange helmets, blue jerseys, orange pants

Orange helmets, orange jerseys, orange pants

White helmets, white jerseys, white pants

White helmets, white jerseys, orange pants

That is it, burn every other combination. It's not that difficult. We've discussed at nauseam the flaws...numbers, white outlining etc. If you're not going to fix those issues the least you can do is not act like a drunk behind the wheel when it comes to selecting combinations.

Look. I'm a graphic designer who creates things designed for kids/adults aged 10-25. The look is on point style wise, but I'm not sure it should be the right look for Syracuse football.
Ok. Other schools have designs that appeal to teenagers too. I like theirs more. I wish ours looked like theirs and I'm jealous.

If recruits like them and the players wearing them win games, they can wear pink tutu's for all I care. But the numbers are indeed hideous.

Bring these back in a couple years and the players will think they are cool - so different!

mcnabb_college.jpg

Nick44 said:
4 combinations - Orange helmets, blue jerseys, orange pants Orange helmets, orange jerseys, orange pants White helmets, white jerseys, white pants White helmets, white jerseys, orange pants That is it, burn every other combination. It's not that difficult. We've discussed at nauseam the flaws...numbers, white outlining etc. If you're not going to fix those issues the least you can do is not act like a drunk behind the wheel when it comes to selecting combinations.

I disagree with your proposal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom