Ex Rutgirls player Joe Lafaged was arrested on gun charges | Syracusefan.com

Ex Rutgirls player Joe Lafaged was arrested on gun charges

Rutgirls.

Lefeged the thug. He was always a dirty player on the field, apparently he's dirty off the field as well.

the colts may want to offer the cop who caught him in a foot chase a contract, as for joe, stay away from the donuts.

plus the dunba$$ left the $900 receipt for the gun in the car in his name. It's going to get on interesting on who sold him the gun

the colts may want to offer the cop who caught him in a foot chase a contract, as for joe, stay away from the donuts.

plus the dunba$$ left the $900 receipt for the gun in the car in his name. It's going to get on interesting on who sold him the gun

I didn't see that part. He had a receipt? What? I don't get the oppressive laws in the northeast, but I assume street criminals don't give receipts so did he buy the gun and ammo from a legit store? Can you buy a gun before getting this "license" they are talking about or is it illegal to sell to a subject who doesn't have said "license?" What about the ammunition? It is illegal to own ammo??

I didn't see that part. He had a receipt? What? I don't get the oppressive laws in the northeast, but I assume street criminals don't give receipts so did he buy the gun and ammo from a legit store? Can you buy a gun before getting this "license" they are talking about or is it illegal to sell to a subject who doesn't have said "license?" What about the ammunition? It is illegal to own ammo??

here's a blurb just for you

Lefaged was a passenger in a Chevrolet Camaro that fled a traffic stop for speeding in northeast Washington just after midnight Saturday. Officers smelled marijuana in the car and found a container of vodka and orange juice in the center console and a semi-automatic pistol under the front passenger seat, police documents show. A receipt shows Lefeged bought the gun this year for about $900, police said

Lefeged was a passenger in a Chevrolet Camaro that fled a traffic stop for speeding in northeast Washington just after midnight Saturday. Officers smelled marijuana in the car and found a container of vodka and orange juice in the center console and a semi-automatic pistol under the front passenger seat, police documents show. A receipt shows Lefeged bought the gun this year for about $900, police said

Thanks. Still weird. It must have been a legit purchase, maybe his "license" expired?

Thanks. Still weird. It must have been a legit purchase, maybe his "license" expired?

it depends where and who sold it to him,someone could lose their FFL if it wasn't on the up and up. I worked with a couple of clowns from VA. who had FFL who would sell to anyone and one was under investigation and we worked in a nuke plant and you have to pass background checks to get clearence

I think the issue is...you're not allowed to possess guns (even legally owned elsewhwere) in DC. Same for NYC I believe.

Lefaged was a passenger in a Chevrolet Camaro that fled a traffic stop for speeding in northeast Washington just after midnight Saturday. Officers smelled marijuana in the car and found a container of vodka and orange juice in the center console and a semi-automatic pistol under the front passenger seat, police documents show. A receipt shows Lefeged bought the gun this year for about $900, police said

That does seem pretty offensive. I hate the evil government telling us things like "don't have vodka and orange juice in the driver's seat" and "maybe it's not a great idea to drink, smoke weed and carry a gun around while driving" and "try not to blow through red lights at high speeds while drinking and smoking." The government is the worst!

I think the issue is...you're not allowed to possess guns (even legally owned elsewhwere) in DC. Same for NYC I believe.

This is correct. In DC, you are not allowed to possess a weapon unless you are law enforcement (DC residents can own a gun but the weapons must stay in the residence or place of business for the most part). If you do live outside DC and have a permit, you cannot be in possession in DC - specifically if in your vehicle it cannot be in the passenger compartment unless it is unloaded and locked and there is no trunk.

This is correct. In DC, you are not allowed to possess a weapon unless you are law enforcement (DC residents can own a gun but the weapons must stay in the residence or place of business for the most part). If you do live outside DC and have a permit, you cannot be in possession in DC - specifically if in your vehicle it cannot be in the passenger compartment unless it is unloaded and locked and there is no trunk.

Gotcha. I was thinking with the mention of a receipt that maybe it was just purchased on that trip.

That does seem pretty offensive. I hate the evil government telling us things like "don't have vodka and orange juice in the driver's seat" and "maybe it's not a great idea to drink, smoke weed and carry a gun around while driving" and "try not to blow through red lights at high speeds while drinking and smoking." The government is the worst!

The fact that you morally equate all the things you mention makes clear your position. I am fine if you don't want to take any responsibility for yourself and prefer the government to "take care of you" from cradle to grave. I just don't want that for me or my family. The right to protect your own life and the lives of your family is the most sacred human right there is. You don't want it, but I do. You think that makes me evil. So be it.

The fact that you morally equate all the things you mention makes clear your position. I am fine if you don't want to take any responsibility for yourself and prefer the government to "take care of you" from cradle to grave. I just don't want that for me or my family. The right to protect your own life and the lives of your family is the most sacred human right there is. You don't want it, but I do. You think that makes me evil. So be it.

I really don't disagree with you at a basic level to be honest. What I find absurd about your argument is a few things:

1) If you're such a strong person morally, which you clearly believe yourself to be, then no, these laws aren't intended for you, reverend. But how do you propose we handle all the other dudes aren't as virtuous as you clearly are? Right? Like you just want everyone to decide for themselves and then I guess just use vigilante justice? Honestly, I mean the notion that there should be no restrictions on human behavior is absurd.

2) Some laws that clearly infringe on people's lives have been really good laws. I can't imagine going to a bar or restaurant that allows smoking. I love that people have to look like complete goofballs picking their dog's feces off my front lawn. Drinking and driving stuff, etc. And why are these good laws? Because those are behaviors that affect other people. Sure, you can smoke yourself to death. Good for you, but don't blow your smoke cloud at me while I'm trying to eat my BLT. And the notion that humans will just be courteous enough to do this on their own is absurd.

3) Really this comes down to your use of the phrase 'oppressive' and your general demeanor that suggests some sort of persecution. I mean, come on, you and I don't actually know what oppression is b/c we've never really suffered it. And you really think taking away whatever sweet guns you own is tantamount to an attack your very existence. Like if all guns magically disappeared one day you couldn't live a fulfilling life? It's just so melodramatic.