Excited For Next 2 Years | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Excited For Next 2 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have a high regard for the expectation level of our fanbase. What makes you think that we become a better program by having fans expect more? Is there a correlation between high expectations of non-participants and the success of teams in college BB?

I read his post differently -- not that the expectation levels have anything to do with the outcome, because wishing doesn't make it so. But rather that the expectation levels drive different accountability for the outcomes.

You seem to have a high regard for the expectation level of our fanbase. What makes you think that we become a better program by having fans expect more? Is there a correlation between high expectations of non-participants and the success of teams in college BB?
If you don’t get it as I don’t want others to hijack it, I am not going to explain it beyond this
If the fanbase thinks we are an elite program the standards are different if you aren’t.
Pretty simple what I am saying.

Providence fans have different standards than Villanova fans.

If you don’t get it as I don’t want others to hijack it. I am not going to explain it beyond this
If the fanbase thinks we are an elite program the standards are different if you aren’t.
Pretty simple what I am saying.

Providence fans have different standards than Villanova fans.
Hence why a large part of the board is considered to be negative because expectations are still held high while others are happy to clap and say great job Jimbo if we win a tourney game or 2 because to them that negates going 19-14 over the course of the 4 prior months. Happiness over the last 5 years depends on which of these things is more appealing to you:

Go somewhere around 19-14 each year and have your bid unsecured until they are revealed. Make it in the tourney 3 or 4 times out of 5 years but when you do, win 2 maybe 3 games along the way due to the zone. No real chance of winning anything of consequence.

Go 25-9 each year and be a 5 or 6 seed with a possibly of losing round 1 to an underdog but also could potentially win a bunch of games or the ACC tourney if things break right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors