Exhibition game... listen up | Syracusefan.com

Exhibition game... listen up

cto

Administrator
People keep asking whether the first exhibition game (11/1 vs Cal State) is on TV. Yes. It is on SNY and Directv (channel 639) -- as well as being on in Syracuse.

Just like the first exhibition game of two years ago (vs LeMoyne) was on ESPN). The highlights of which was shown on ESPN for the next 24 hours ...... after we LOST it

People keep asking whether the first exhibition game (11/1 vs Cal State) is on TV. Yes. It is on SNY and Directv (channel 639) -- as well as being on in Syracuse.

Just like the first exhibition game of two years ago (vs LeMoyne) was on ESPN). The highlights of which was shown on ESPN for the next 24 hours ...... after we LOST it

I just wish my cable company didn't dump SNY last spring. I will have to try and watch the game online (Orange All-Access?).

just be glad SNY is not fox sports net station thats going away on nov 1..

Does anyone know for sure that the exhibitions will be live streamed on OAA? They were last season as was midnight madness. Midnight madness was not this season so I am a bit worried as I am not on DirectTV nore to I get SNY.

Has anyone seen a schedule for Full Court yet? I got my renewal notice and want to see how many SU games are being carried before I buy back in.

Does anyone know for sure that the exhibitions will be live streamed on OAA? They were last season as was midnight madness. Midnight madness was not this season so I am a bit worried as I am not on DirectTV nore to I get SNY.

I e-mailed OAA's support staff last night and I'll post the reply as soon as I get it.

It's scheduled to be on TWC ch13 also.

I do not see it listed on OAA, though I would imagine it might be, then again, if is televised by ESPN it probably won't be on OAA. How about that for hedging...

I imagine this was because it was on ESPN3

I imagine this was because it was on ESPN3

That does make sense. As an out of towner with no access to TW and a cable provider that does not carry SNY I have relied on OAA for the exhibition and couple of early home games that I can not get. Luckily SU is such a bball brand now that I get almost every game, maybe I'm just spoiled?

That does make sense. As an out of towner with no access to TW and a cable provider that does not carry SNY I have relied on OAA for the exhibition and couple of early home games that I can not get. Luckily SU is such a bball brand now that I get almost every game, maybe I'm just spoiled?

I do the exact same thing, OAA for exhibition and early games>ESPN3 and full court for all other games

full court seems useless now with ESPN3, and the quality of the full court is no better than what you can get on ESPN3

I'd also note that the OAA schedule seems to be last minute. I really don't understand why its so hard to have an accurate schedule up that goes at least a month in advance.

Anyone know for sure how the ACC move impacts us tri-staters who have come to love SNY during hoops season as it picks up a lot of Cuse broadcasts? During the conference season they show a lot of Big East basketball and even have a studio pre-game show for these games. But SNY also picks up Time Warner broadcasts of the pre-conference games (such as this one). Should we be expecting to see less Cuse hoops, especially in ACC play?

Anyone know for sure how the ACC move impacts us tri-staters who have come to love SNY during hoops season as it picks up a lot of Cuse broadcasts? During the conference season they show a lot of Big East basketball and even have a studio pre-game show for these games. But SNY also picks up Time Warner broadcasts of the pre-conference games (such as this one). Should we be expecting to see less Cuse hoops, especially in ACC play?

I'm on the PA/MD border north of Baltimore and I get loads of ACC games through my Cable provider. I do pay extra for the sports package however. I think I will be in the same exact situation I am now. I'll be scrambling for exhibition and a couple early season home games but will get everything else. I have no idea how it will effect other area's.

I eamila OAA tech support which basically respnded by saying if its not on the schedule then they don't know since they don't decide these things. They reffered me to this email account suacsid and said they would try to find out for me. I have emailed my question to the noted account as well but am yet to recieve a response.

Has anyone seen a schedule for Full Court yet? I got my renewal notice and want to see how many SU games are being carried before I buy back in.

As Garbs noted if you can get ESPN3 fullcourt is probably pointless.

As Garbs noted if you can get ESPN3 fullcourt is probably pointless.

I haven't figured out how stream ESPN3 to my TV, and I am not a big fan of watching a game on my laptop as opposed to the TV. Is there an easy means to get ESPN 3 to my TV?

I am also out of state and use OAA for the first few games. There is no SNY from my cable provider and I have not found a Sports Bar in the area that has SNY on Directv. I am really hoping this game is on ESPN 3 since it is on TWC. Didn't they agree to something like that last year where the games on TWC on are ESPN3?

Either way if someone finds out please let us know.

I haven't figured out how stream ESPN3 to my TV, and I am not a big fan of watching a game on my laptop as opposed to the TV. Is there an easy means to get ESPN 3 to my TV?

You've got me there, I'm no techy. I just watch it on my home computer thats got a 20 something inch monitor. Big comfy office chair 3' from said monitor and I'm good to go.

Streaming ESPN3 from XBox live is glorious.

If your computer has an HDMI output it's pretty easy. Many newer laptops have one. Otherwise your TV needs to have a video input similar to what is on the back of your monitor and you would have to hook up the audio too.

yes I use HDMI cable to hook up to the TV, it is great and like I said usually just as good quality as the full court feeds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom