Expectations of the 2018 class | Syracusefan.com

Expectations of the 2018 class

Cuse House

All American
After the excitement from yesterday, I ran through some of our 2018 offers. We are throwing our hat in there with the big boys on a more consistent basis for this upcoming class. I love this approach, Dino has a confidence about what he is building here. The key is a continuing upward trend in recruiting. 247 has us at #55, which is a little lower than what I think we truly are. We have a few studs who are jokingly 3 stars (Devito, Fagan, Melifonwu, etc). Where would you all like to see our next class?

Expect to be in the top 45 this class.

After the excitement from yesterday, I ran through some of our 2018 offers. We are throwing our hat in there with the big boys on a more consistent basis for this upcoming class. I love this approach, Dino has a confidence about what he is building here. The key is a continuing upward trend in recruiting. . . . has us at #55, which is a little lower than what I think we truly are. We have a few studs who are jokingly 3 stars (Devito, Fagan, Melifonwu, etc). Where would you all like to see our next class?
Don't forget Richards. If he played in the USA he would have been a 4* recruit. The kid already has great size and speed. IMO, he has a chance to be all ACC and play on Sundays.

This could end up being a really fun recruiting year to watch. If we come out 3-0, put up the offensive numbers that we know we can put up, and our defense takes a step forward - anything can happen going forward.

If those first three games include us becoming the new greatest show on turf - I think recruiting will REALLY take off.

This could end up being a really fun recruiting year to watch. If we come out 3-0, put up the offensive numbers that we know we can put up, and our defense takes a step forward - anything can happen going forward.

If those first three games include us becoming the new greatest show on turf - I think recruiting will REALLY take off.

What about when we tame the tiger in Baton Rouge?!

;)

After the excitement from yesterday, I ran through some of our 2018 offers. We are throwing our hat in there with the big boys on a more consistent basis for this upcoming class. I love this approach, Dino has a confidence about what he is building here. The key is a continuing upward trend in recruiting. . . . has us at #55, which is a little lower than what I think we truly are. We have a few studs who are jokingly 3 stars (Devito, Fagan, Melifonwu, etc). Where would you all like to see our next class?
Does the #55 ranking take into account our JUCO kids and the Butler transfer?

My biggest hope is that HCDB and staff is the group accepting the NLI's this time next year.

Next years class will be big. I think they look at the offensive line and take some guys there. Also will need some DT's. Just bring in the big boys! I still am a believer games are won in the trenches regardless of how fast you go on offense.

Next years class will be big. I think they look at the offensive line and take some guys there. Also will need some DT's. Just bring in the big boys! I still am a believer games are won in the trenches regardless of how fast you go on offense.
Dino has said multiple times that FB is about being able to run the ball on offense and possessing the ability to stop the run on defense. He even qualified his statement by saying that will never change.

I'm not sure, but I do not believe so. That is why I think our class is likely better than the ranking suggests.

The Canadian kids are both woefully under-ranked. LB got calls and interest from Pitt, Stanford, and PSU.

When kids fall outside of the geographic recruiting mainstream, they just don't get the same evaluation.

My biggest hope is that HCDB and staff is the group accepting the NLI's this time next year.
Things appear to be moving in the right direction but the fact is last season was not great and the coming season is going to be a challenge. Thus - can we please stop the Dino might be leaving posts? He is not going anywhere. This won't be turned around by next year and by the time it is, Dino will be close to 60 years old, will be settled in at SU and there will be an entirely new list of younger, hotter head coaching candidates out there. No one is going to "steal" Dino away which is exactly why he was a great hire.

I think Canada is a largely untapped resource that we can should foster as much as possible. Not only are we very close to the border compared to nearly every other school. The athletes are 1-2 years older and more physically mature.

• Fortifications on both lines. We tried hard to recruit another OL this season, but the three we targeted ended up at Maryland, Illinois, and NC State. I'd expect them to chase at least 4 OL for the class of 2018
  • Similarly, this will be an important year to fortify the DT position, to build depth for after next year
  • A continuation of seeing "bigger" prospects to beef up the secondary, fitting what they are asked to do in the Tampa-2
  • At least one--and probably two--Tight Ends [depending on what happens the rest of the off-season with that position]
  • An uptake in the rankings of the skill position players we start to attract, as the offense blossoms in year 2 and attracts prospects who are interested in playing in a system that puts up video game statistics
  • Will be interested to see how Dino and staff follow up DeVito recruiting a QB for the class of 2018

• Fortifications on both lines. We tried hard to recruit another OL this season, but the three we targeted ended up at Maryland, Illinois, and NC State. I'd expect them to chase at least 4 OL for the class of 2018
  • Similarly, this will be an important year to fortify the DT position, to build depth for after next year
  • A continuation of seeing "bigger" prospects to beef up the secondary, fitting what they are asked to do in the Tampa-2
  • At least one--and probably two--Tight Ends [depending on what happens the rest of the off-season with that position]
  • An uptake in the rankings of the skill position players we start to attract, as the offense blossoms in year 2 and attracts prospects who are interested in playing in a system that puts up video game statistics
  • Will be interested to see how Dino and staff follow up DeVito recruiting a QB for the class of 2018
There's another big need for linebackers as well.

4 ol
5 dt/de
2 RB
1 qb
3 lb
4 wr
2 Te
4 db

4 ol
5 dt/de
2 RB
1 qb
3 lb
4 wr
2 Te
4 db
I would like to see 2 QB's and with TE I think we only need to take them if they are a special talent. Sure they are nice in this type of offense, but WR and Hback paly a more important role UNLESS you have a special talent at TE. Otherwise the list looks good.

2018? Predictions? Really? You guys are all giddy drunk off this year's class. I love this years class but geeez, can we chill a bit? The 2018 class will trend in the direction our season goes this year. A season with the #1 rated toughest schedule. Let's enjoy this 2017 class with huge promise. This thread is a bunch of BS.

2018? Predictions? Really? You guys are all giddy drunk off this year's class. I love this years class but geeez, can we chill a bit? The 2018 class will trend in the direction our season goes this year. A season with the #1 rated toughest schedule. Let's enjoy this 2017 class with huge promise. This thread is a bunch of BS.
You mad bro?

I think everyone needs to stop telling other posters what they should and should not post about.

If you don't like the subject, which was very clear from the thread title, don't click on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom