Class of 2021 - F Ashton Smith (TX) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 F Ashton Smith (TX) Offered

He’s a little robotic and not fluid yet. Athletic with good hands. You can see he still has to think about the move. It’s not instinctive.
Drills are always like that it takes 1000s of hours to be second nature. Most guys his size can't do those drills at all especially at that age.

The question is how do they translate to games, sometimes they don't.

I have found very little game video on him, mostly clips of him dunking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 007
Drills are always like that it takes 1000s of hours to be second natural. Most guys his size can't do those drills at all especially at that age.

The question is how do they translate to games, sometimes they don't.

I have found very little game video on him, mostly clips of him dunking.
I see him as a project, will take some time to get him used to the highest levels of ACC competition considering who he has been playing against in HS, it would appear. Maybe a RS frosh season. He's got traditional center skills from what limited film there is, as opposed to stretch 4 skills, and there is nothing at all wrong with that. It could be they are bringing him in as something of a legacy, considering his connection to Luke and see him as a 4 year contributor, which every good team needs to build around. Make yourself Orange Ashton!

He’s a little robotic and not fluid yet. Athletic with good hands. You can see he still has to think about the move. It’s not instinctive.
Good footwork. The ability to execute the drop step spin move and finish with touch using either hand is impressive. Need to see him do that in game footage while pinning someone with his size on his back.

Is he only 6'7"? From that workout video, dribbling and putting the ball on the floor doesn't come naturally to him. I could somewhat excuse it if he were 6'9"+. His height is more of a 3.

Is he only 6'7"? From that workout video, dribbling and putting the ball on the floor doesn't come naturally to him. I could somewhat excuse it if he were 6'9"+. His height is more of a 3.
They list him at 6'9"...

Interesting, Lukes nephew; good blood lines and connection.
GoOrangehoops5iz9GLs28js5.gif

Good footwork. The ability to execute the drop step spin move and finish with touch using either hand is impressive. Need to see him do that in game footage while pinning someone with his size on his back.

Rick Jackson and Arinze made a career out of being able to execute a drop step over either shoulder. If you can go either direction, it's almost impossible to guard a big man who knows how to seal his defendant on the low block.

Most of the players on the other teams are midgets.
yes but look at him,1)catches the ball well, 2) quick on the jump after the pass and rebounding, 3)runs like a deer, and 4)aggressive. What is not to like?

My parents live in the Villages, what a place! I love going down there and visiting and driving around in the golf cart all day. ANDDD your all wrong, its a party community!
A few years ago it was a very very hot partying place. You could say it was a "swinging" place. It hit the new too. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom