Class of 2024 - F Damarius Owens (OH) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 F Damarius Owens (OH) Offered

ROC kid (Aquinas Institute of Rochester).. currently at Western Reserve Academy in Ohio as someone noted above.

Offers prior to SU...
UMass, Cincy, Siena, & UMBC.
Interest from... Butler, Penn St., Xavier & Providence.

Here is some AAU film from last summer...

He’s played well for the city rocks u16 team at EYBL.

5554B02D-C9A3-465B-9E35-63F281F3C800.png

Haven’t seen this posted before.

I am guessing our fans will complain about this offer because they can’t find him in any rankings without actually seeing him play.
Watched him play. It was a bunch of layups. No jump shots. If he's 6-6 and a forward, he'll need to have more skill than that.

A lot of room to grow and maybe he's already started to work on it. Just didn't strike me as a kid that was a Top 50 kid to offer this early. I could be wrong.

Watched him play. It was a bunch of layups. No jump shots. If he's 6-6 and a forward, he'll need to have more skill than that.

A lot of room to grow and maybe he's already started to work on it. Just didn't strike me as a kid that was a Top 50 kid to offer this early. I could be wrong.

Gonna disagree. Film looks good. Plus athlete, plays aggressive- also who knows if he doesn't sprout up. Handle looks pretty solid. He isn't the same freak athlete but looks to be an Andre Jackson like player to me. Also seems to really play under control. With the development ongoing with Trey- that would be two nice local players for 2023 and 2024 if it worked out that way.

From August 2021...kid was and still is just a baby.

From August 2021...kid was and still is just a baby.

How does this change anything from what I said? These are all dunks and layups.

Kid is an athlete - there's no doubt. And maybe he can develop a jumper and/or skill. But this video shows nothing but dunks.

How does this change anything from what I said? These are all dunks and layups.

Kid is an athlete - there's no doubt. And maybe he can develop a jumper and/or skill. But this video shows nothing but dunks.
This video shows a midrange jumper and a free throw. Both look decent. This kid looks like he will always be a slasher, but I think he can be at least a threat from three point range. I just love filling the roster with guys between 6'6" and 6'8" that have varying skills. The main thing I want them all to have is athleticism and basketball IQ. There isn't much to show his basketball IQ, but he definitely checks the athleticism box.

This video shows a midrange jumper and a free throw. Both look decent. This kid looks like he will always be a slasher, but I think he can be at least a threat from three point range. I just love filling the roster with guys between 6'6" and 6'8" that have varying skills. The main thing I want them all to have is athleticism and basketball IQ. There isn't much to show his basketball IQ, but he definitely checks the athleticism box.
I would agree - athleticism & basketball IQ are optimal.

This kid could end up developing a jump shot and be a Top 100 player. His athleticism for a 2024 is that level and he could get there.

I just don't see it from the film right now, unless there's something he hasn't shown that the coaches have seen.

And to offer a 2024 this early, who is not even ranked and close to a Top 100 player, I guess I just don't get it considering what I've seen and what other offers he has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom