Class of 2024 - F Damarius Owens (OH) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 F Damarius Owens (OH) Offered

Really hopeful for this guy. Rochester-born Cuse fan. I’m an Albany-born Cuse fan, and if I were an elite high school basketball player I couldn’t imagine not playing for Cuse. He also happens to fit the system really well…

From Friday game. 28 pts. More than 1/2 his team points.

10F770C1-543B-405B-AA87-B8528ED00DA6.png

Really hopeful for this guy. Rochester-born Cuse fan. I’m an Albany-born Cuse fan, and if I were an elite high school basketball player I couldn’t imagine not playing for Cuse. He also happens to fit the system really well…

Would be great if it works out for that reason.

When you think of high-level athlete, long Cuse wings, a 2024 class with forwards Donnie Freeman and/or Damarius Owens projects just that.

Orange have been on both from the start, and high mutual interest would suggest they'll be there till the end. After just having gone through this with 2022, proceed with caution.

But the potential with at least those two, in own backyard (Albany) and Cuse hotbed of recruiting (DMV), makes the possibility attainable. One would be great. Two would be a homerun. Long way out, of course.

When you think of high-level athlete, long Cuse wings, a 2024 class with forwards Donnie Freeman and/or Damarius Owens projects just that.

Orange have been on both from the start, and high mutual interest would suggest they'll be there till the end. After just having gone through this with 2022, proceed with caution.

But the potential with at least those two, in own backyard (Albany) and Cuse hotbed of recruiting (DMV), makes the possibility attainable. One would be great. Two would be a homerun. Long way out, of course.
Getting both would be an out of the park home run crashing through the bakery window across the street outside stadium

Did anyone attend this today? Love the concept.
Did Damarius Owens play, as advertised? This guy has to be Orange.

Did anyone attend this today? Love the concept.
Did Damarius Owens play, as advertised? This guy has to be Orange.
An old friend of mine is the guy that organized it. He absolutely loves Owens and thinks he’s going to be a star.

I think it’s very obvious what’s going on here. Red Autry will be our next coach in 2023/24. Look at the last 2 recruits with Owens and Moore. Owens is Trey’s teammate and Moore is from the Bronx; Red’s hometown. I also think the reason Trey will not go to Cuse next year is also because his father will be in his first year of coaching. After seeing what Boeheim went through with his son’s, Red is wise to avoid the situation. If Trey does well at URI or some other school, I could see him transfer to Cuse by his junior or senior year to play for his dad. Red is also tight in the DMV and Donnie Freeman will be a prime recruiting target in 2024. If all this comes true I could see Cuse looking very positive within a few years. I think its our best step.

Also, the team having a preseason scrimmage in Rochester seems like an homage to Boeheim and his roots in Lyons.

Last edited:
I think it’s very obvious what’s going on here. Red Autry will be our next coach in 2023/24. Look at the last 2 recruits with Owens and Moore. Owens is Trey’s teammate and Moore is from the Bronx; Red’s hometown. I also think the reason Trey will not go to Cuse next year is also because his father will be in his first year of coaching. After seeing what Boeheim went through with his son’s, Red is wise to avoid the situation. If Trry does well at URI or some other school, I could see him transfer to Cuse by his junior or senior year to play with his dad. Red is also tight in the DMV and Donnie Freeman will be a prime recruiting target in 2024. If all this comes true I could see Cuse looking very positive within a few years. I think its our best step.

Also, the team having a preseason scrimmage in Rochester seems like an homage to Boeheim and his roots in Lyons.

Thoughts????

I’m not sure recruiting Owens says anything about Red. His dad has been an SU fan and brought Damarius to games when he was young.

I think it’s very obvious what’s going on here. Red Autry will be our next coach in 2023/24. Look at the last 2 recruits with Owens and Moore. Owens is Trey’s teammate and Moore is from the Bronx; Red’s hometown. I also think the reason Trey will not go to Cuse next year is also because his father will be in his first year of coaching. After seeing what Boeheim went through with his son’s, Red is wise to avoid the situation. If Trry does well at URI or some other school, I could see him transfer to Cuse by his junior or senior year to play with his dad. Red is also tight in the DMV and Donnie Freeman will be a prime recruiting target in 2024. If all this comes true I could see Cuse looking very positive within a few years. I think its our best step.

Thoughts????
I'm fairly certain JB coaches next year. The team will be good and he wants to coach them. Red could take over in 2024, but why wouldn't they announce it? The program has everything to gain and nothing to lose by having coaching certainty. Even if they don't identify an exact timeframe so JB has flexibility, it would help recruiting. Makes me wonder if they haven't made a decision yet or if they're going outside the program so they can't announce it.

I’m not sure recruiting Owens says anything about Red. His dad has been an SU fan and brought Damarius to games when he was young.
Owens' whole family loves Cuse. He teared up when he was offered. We have a great opportunity to get him, and we have to capitalize because he'll be great here. I agree nothing should be inferred by recruiting Owens. He might be the one recruit who would come to Cuse despite coaching uncertainty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom