Class of 2017 - Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!

Wright is out of the Albany area. Video is from last year, now he's 16, but he has interest from Nova, Maryland, and Cincy. Maryland is really invading our turf lately. Saw him play a couple times this year, he's the prototypical Syracuse wing, not sure what his ranking is, but he'll be playing on the City Rocks with JBs son this year.

Wright is out of the Albany area. Video is from last year, now he's 16, but he has interest from Nova, Maryland, and Cincy. Maryland is really invading our turf lately. Saw him play a couple times this year, he's the prototypical Syracuse wing, not sure what his ranking is, but he'll be playing on the City Rocks with JBs son this year.
Yes, he plays for Albany Academy which is the same school that Nolan Hart came from. Nolan, for those that don't know, is the son of Jim Hart who heads up the Albany City Rocks. It's no surprise that we have been pretty successful getting kids from the City Rocks to Syracuse but Wright hasn't really blown up yet like Kevin Huerter did last year. I've seen his name tied to Syracuse only a little bit but I am sure they are watching him progress.

Impressive skills. Has a nice stroke shooting from outside, quick release, excellent form. Looks quick, maybe not a great leaper but a quick one. Should be able to play more back to the basket over time, when he adds more strength. Has a high ceiling. I think he definitely will play at the P5 level.

Could the 3rd local Wright be a charm?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-30122-1371156351-13.gif

Two wrongs make a Wright?

;)
anigif_enhanced-buzz-30122-1371156351-13.gif

If he's 15 and actually 6'8, there's some serious height potential here as well. I wouldn't mind a 6'10 SF playing the zone.
This might be the kid that was in a random story about first day of school in the Albany paper 3 or 4 years ago. Kid in the story was a 6'5 7th grader.

Andrew Platek, the leading scorer for the Rocks, is also starting to get some high major offers.
He's a very good shooter with nice size at the 2. Doesn't do much off the bounce so that kind of limits his versatility a bit. Visited Butler last week I think, which is interested because his projection is pretty much similar to the Dunham kid that just wrapped up his senior season there.

He's a very good shooter with nice size at the 2. Doesn't do much off the bounce so that kind of limits his versatility a bit. Visited Butler last week I think, which is interested because his projection is pretty much similar to the Dunham kid that just wrapped up his senior season there.

Dunham was a great player for Butler and was a top 30 (if I remember) or so recruit. If Platek is that good, he'll be getting a lot of offers.

Dunham was a great player for Butler and was a top 30 (if I remember) or so recruit. If Platek is that good, he'll be getting a lot of offers.
Dunham was a back end top 100 recruit. No where near the top 30, which is basically borderline 5 star status.

Dunham was a back end top 100 recruit. No where near the top 30, which is basically borderline 5 star status.
yeah, I just looked it up... I guess I really forgot.

Syracuse has NOT offered Wright per syracuse.com

Little surprised by this given he is a 4* top 60 player and plays with JB's son'

Something more to this story that I am missing?

Syracuse has NOT offered Wright per syracuse.com

Little surprised by this given he is a 4* top 60 player and plays with JB's son'

Something more to this story that I am missing?
say, does Ollie have a son?