Class of 2017 - Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington

Believe what you want papi. Glad you know that I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes better than myself.
View attachment 92922

Didn't say that you don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I said you have "no idea what goes on in the Syracuse basketball office and who's ranked where on their recruiting board" and I stand by that, papi.

There's a difference btw the two and it wasn't an intended dig at you, but he used your name.

My response was directed at this statement: "Francis has mentioned in a number of the threads, our staff hasn't even bothered to see some of the kids we should be targeting "

Here's my problem with it. It's an opinion presented as a fact. A) nobody knows who the coaches have talked to or not. I've seen coaches scout and talk to kids over the years and there's not a peep that gets reported. B) the coaches are targeting the kids on their board, not who the fans think they should be targeting.

Last edited:
Also with no disrespect intended, I think there is some truth to this. Nobody can knock Francis' contributions to the board;

Wasn't knocking him or his contributions.

When I skimmed through that post on whatever day it was, I didn't perceive the post as being filled with malice toward you. To be honest, as an English teacher and former sports writer, I enjoyed the part about primary sources and secondary sources - which is not to say that you might very well be right and they might very well be wrong with regard to JB and recruiting. As a source, you're arguably the best on this site; we all know that. But I do think sometimes people on here are just saying what they feel, not what they know or even what they have heard. (That was where my AMEN came in.) That being said, in no way does this mean that people don't have every right to give their take on things. That's the beauty of this place - a free exchange of ideas.) And when you do share information on here, I always and completely respect the source, primary or otherwise. So in no way did I say AMEN to disrespect you. With regard to me having "boys" on this site, I don't even know who those "boys" are? I tend to pay more attention to the folks like you who offer consistent insights, and I think this spot is what it is because of that. Oh, and I am also certainly not a hater. Again, my apologies if it came across that way.
Very nice. We are all Orange fans and sometimes we post things that come from below the belt and not necessarily from the area that is between the ears. Not that your post or francis' post are that. But I hope that we on this board can refrain from belittling the person or persons whose posts are not necessarily in sinc with our own opinions. And I say this cause unfortunately at times I have violated that hope! So kudos to you. Go cuse!

Didn't say that you don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I said you have "no idea what goes on in the Syracuse basketball office and who's ranked where on their recruiting board" and I stand by that, papi.

There's a difference btw the two and it wasn't an intended dig at you, but he used your name.

My response was directed at this statement: "Francis has mentioned in a number of the threads, our staff hasn't even bothered to see some of the kids we should be targeting "

Here's my problem with it. It's an opinion presented as a fact. A) nobody knows who the coaches have talked to or not. I've seen coaches scout and talk to kids over the years and there's not a peep that gets reported. B) the coaches are targeting the kids on their board, not who the fans think they should be targeting.
When you say opinion as fact, most of the time I'm talking about a situation that has been reported as a fact which has been detailed in various situations. Anybody that follows my post on this board and listen to my pods know that I talk about things that they can verify themselves. You don't need to be up in the B-Ball office to know these things. If a player like Lonnie Walker wasn't a priority when he puts us in his final 5 months before a decision date, then that proves things were really a mess behind the scenes. The Walker situation was quoted directly by him, not me. When Quade's HS coach said that GMac not JB did all that he could in that recruitment it came directly from the coach, not me. That's where others and myself were voicing their concerns about when we said that JB has to step it up on the trail. Nobody needs to take what I say for gospel or refer to me as the main source when the same type of info is already out there.

Your saying our HC who doesn't recruit is out recruiting for the second time this week! Interesting to say the least, It's great to see now that he knows these will be his guy for the foreseeable future. JB might be as hungry as ever and I never stopped believing in our Hall of Famer! #BleedOrange

are we still looking at Maryland as the main competition for Wright?
Nova? notre dame?

Nova last I knew, but he has offers from all over. Sparty/Miami/UCLA/Miami and Calipari visited him last April:vomit:

I'll take it as a positive that he is mulling his options more seriously right now, maybe he is feeling like he can go back to '17 and make an impact (hopefully here).

I live in Irondequoit, so I was following along online. Seemed like a pretty big game.

I've never watched much HS basketball, so I don't have a great feel for how good a top level recruit is compared to a really good HS level player. That being said, Irondequoit's Gerald Drumgoole is a sophomore and has put up a string of good games in the playoffs. Does he strike anyone as someone that could get DI looks?

I'm at the game. I'll confirm both JAB and GMAC are here.
Not to stir up things, but I was at the Civic Center today, and it is true JB was there before the game started. He briefly sat with and spoke to GMac for a bit, but by the time the game started, he had disappeared. Gmac sat by himself for the remainder of the game; I didn't see JB again. I'm hoping against hope he was somewhere else in the building? Did anyone have eyes on him when the game was actually being played? Otherwise, I fear that he did something like going out to lunch after his daughter's win in the Class A girls' semifinal game:(

Not to stir up things, but I was at the Civic Center today, and it is true JB was there before the game started. He briefly sat with and spoke to GMac for a bit, but by the time the game started, he had disappeared. Gmac sat by himself for the remainder of the game; I didn't see JB again. I'm hoping against hope he was somewhere else in the building? Did anyone have eyes on him when the game was actually being played? Otherwise, I fear that he did something like going out to lunch after his daughter's win in the Class A girls' semifinal game:(

Unfortunately this is correct. Just heard the same.

I'm 100% okay with this. Honestly, if I'm a recruit, I'd be turned off if he didn't celebrate his daughter's achievement with her. He's a father 1st. McNamara was there. I'm sure our level of interest has been fully communicated to Wright. Much ado about nothing.

I sat directly behind them. I did not see JAB during the Albany Academy game. He and Julie sat in the row in front of GMAC during his daughter's game. I last saw them a few minutes before the AA game started. BTW, I had chose not to stir things up. GMAC was there for the entire AA game.

Hameir Wright said he is almost certainly attending Brewster Academy.
I wonder if it is better for our chances that he stays in class of 2018. Unlikely we'd be able to land both Tucker and Wright in the same class, but our odds might increase if they are in back-to-back classes.

Really need to land both. Forwards like that thrive in our system. Toss Brissetget and Moyer into the mix, and we'd be loaded at forward.