Class of 2017 - Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington

Not too big of a deal for him to stay in 2018 as long as he's with City Rocks and Brewster. SU's front court is pretty solid for next season (especially if Battle sticks around). Ayala is the bigger reclass catch.

I don't think there's any question Battle will be sticking around, unless there's another magical trip to the Final Four with him as the focal point.

I don't think there's any question Battle will be sticking around, unless there's another magical trip to the Final Four with him as the focal point.
Yeah, but I'm still not committing either way lol.

Stranger things ... stranger things.

NHSHF Day Two: Jake Forrester announces himself | HoopSeen

"The day began with a battle between National Christian Academy and Albany Academies, the latter a program that is bolstered by 6-foot-7 forward Hameir Wright. The slender but super skilled and graceful junior finished with 25 points and 10 rebounds and while he did turn it over a bit too much, the upside out of the New Yorker is staggering. After his game, Wright remained on strong ground with staying as a member of the 2018 class and that he would begin to look at his recruitment again in the spring; he plans on heading to Brewster Academy for his final year of prep ball next fall."

Do you really believe we have a shot at Quinerly? I admire your optimism.
Why wouldn't I be optimistic? It's not like I'm talking about Cam Reddish or another top 10 recruit. Quinerly is tight with Tyler Ennis and has always been interested in SU. I always think that we have a shot at any recruit if the interest is mutual and whenever Duke and UK isn't strongly involved. If he was a recruit for JB, then I would be less optimistic because you're not going to get these type of recruits by just sending your assistants. I gotta imagine that Hop as the HC will make it a high priority to get this cat.

I heard that wed be in great shape here if boeheim would be the head coach but since thats not the case, then were not as attractive to him. Doesnt mean were not involved but thats what i was told.

Who's the last prospect we have actually visited? This is getting beyond ridiculous. We haven't even done anything for 2018 either.

Who's the last prospect we have actually visited? This is getting beyond ridiculous. We haven't even done anything for 2018 either.
Don't these recruits know SU went to a final four last year?

I'm beginning to think Hop is leaving for a position with USA basketball. He doesn't seem interested in recruiting.

Don't post too often. Been reading this board since the very start of it. The constant critic of the staffs work ethic compelled me to put some thoughts down regarding the coaches work ethic.

I think our probation has a little to do with it. However, I think the biggest factor, and one that DOES NOT seem to be brought up is the fact that we are NOT at full strength on the road recruiting due to the NCAA... For whatever reason, many posters seem to either leave this (major) detail out OR completely fail to recognize what a hinderance this is... I'd be curious to know, how are two coaches supposed to cover the entire east coast which includes dealing with the logistics of recruits game times, travel schedules along with the coaches practices schedules, game planning etc... I think, and this is just my opinion, the majority of fans are minimizing what a hinderance not being at full strength on the recruiting trail is.

I'm not trying to make excuses. I'm just as frustrated as anyone else... I do think we as fans need to step back and take a minute to realize what are our resources and limitations are currently on the recruiting trail... It's not like these guys forgot how to recruit... I haven't touched on the fact a Hall of Fame coach and living legend will be stepping down in 2018. How many recruits have said that "playing for a hall of fame coach" is mentioned? It's pretty much every single one.

P.S.
I think people need to put the pitch forks down on GMAC, the Quade situation is what it is. Just know there were a LOT of external factors that GMAC could not control. Francis alluded to most of them, there were more...

P.P.S
Francis03 love your pod man, always look forward to listening to it.